Northrop Grumman F-35 Sustainment Strategic Operations Center Analyst / Principle Engr Aircraft Support in Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
The sustainment leadership team for NG F-35 Hybrid Product Support Integration (HPSI) is seeking a new member to provide support to the Air Vehicle team at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base F-35 Operations Center. The team member will be responsible for assisting in the planning, analysis and execution of an effective Global Support Solution for F-35 at Wright-Patterson AFB (WPAFB) in Dayton, OH. This is an opportunity to be one of the first industry positions on-site, creating the sustainment operating environment, and supporting the capability transfer of existing solutions from Fort Worth TX to WPAFB. This position is part of an integrated industry and government operational team that works together to assure the best performance, response and outcomes for the F-35 Program and Fleet.
This opportunity is a part of an initial laydown of integrated industry team who will work daily with stakeholders and have responsibilities to deliver the following:
Overseeing and establishing the necessary logistics posture and governance for the joint government-industry sustainment solution. This includes interfacing with the government Joint Project Office (JPO), DOD, domestic and foreign services and industry teammates.
Establish a global fleet management solution, optimizing strategic enterprise planning to supplement the existing tactical efforts underway by the F-35 Operations Center.
Utilize technical information/feedback/funding availability to determine the best approach in expending resources to ensure an adequate logistics support posture.
Coordinate and deconflict fleet-wide issues to ensure overall success.
Assist with coordination of required funding and deployment of Depot Field Teams, Contractor Field Teams, and other one-off and recurrent repair, maintenance, and modification events at sites, and deployed locations, as required.
Coordinate the implementation and execution of logistics support operations, by the product support team, and ensures that plans are updated as necessary to provide the support required to achieve assigned readiness objectives at the optimum life cycle cost.
Provide planning and technical guidance, reviewing all plans for an integrated accomplishment of objectives, and program success.
Review the attainment of program objectives to identify and correct deficiencies in established support plans.
Recommend changes to policies and procedures and initiate actions to effectively incorporate approved changes into the existing support plan.
Develop planning and supportability requirements for program documentation and manage the development of logistics related sections of these documents.
Understanding and wide application of air vehicle technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related sustainment, logistical and operations related disciplines.
Provide or integrate technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems.
Capable of providing or collaborating on imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent solutions within the area of air vehicle sustainment.
Capable of working independently, and leading the development of acute and long-term action plans to manage full lifecycle of incident management.
Can independently determine and develop approach to solutions, or lead disparate teams and disciplines in working together to develop a solution.
Contribute to the development and completion of specific operational programs and projects, utilizing all available resources effectively.
Demonstrated ability to successfully navigate inter-organizational, intra-organizational and outside customer contacts.
Can represent the larger F-35 organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific operational and sustainment projects.
This position will require a high level of coordination with the existing F-35 Operations Center and the WPAFB Site leadership for both industry and government.
This position will require some travel, primarily to Fort Worth, TX.
• Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of relevant and technical experience.
• Demonstrated Fleet Management experience and thorough knowledge of logistics life-cycle and maintenance processes.
• Demonstrated knowledge of advanced concepts, principles, and practices of logistics and sustainment principles.
• Knowledge of weapon system acquisition, documentation, analyses, and reviews throughout life-cycle phases.
• Knowledge of the fields of maintenance engineering, maintenance production, and/or maintenance industrial management.
• Experience in utilization of large data sets to identify trends, outliers, and patterns of performance in order to make informed decisions.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to inform, shape and influence executive leaders, customers, and government organizations and members.
• Ability to use data analytics tools (Pivot tables, Tableau, SAS, Business Intelligence, etc.)
• Experience with MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
• Demonstrated experience with data integration and plan formulation.
• Demonstrated ability to drive closure and resolve complex and large-scale technical issues/challenges.
• Demonstrated ability to foster customer relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to foster team collaboration, troubleshooting concepts and develop documented and complete solutions.
• Demonstrated experience in performing on complex/global/diverse teams.
• Hold a current US Secret Level Clearance.
• Master's Degree in a related field.
• Experience on F-35 program, or similar 5th generation platform.
• Prior service/employment within USAF, USMC, USDoN, or other related Defense organization.
• Demonstrated performance in an Operations Center role.
• Demonstrated Project Management successes
• Broad knowledge of the DOD Planning, Programming and Budgeting process
• Broad knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR)
• Green or Black Belt certification (DMAIC)
• Experience authoring Memoranda of Understanding / Agreement (MOU/MOA), Service / Organizational Level Agreements (SLA/OLA) or other similar inter-agency agreements
• Experience with and/or supporting agile program management methodology and execution of work.
• Proven experience as a strategic thinker with the ability to translate into action and results.
• Wide variety of customer experience in the areas of sustainment, operations and solution design.
• Demonstrated business acumen and understanding of connectivity and support of Sustainment to the overall success of the business.
• Adept at working within matrix organizations for successful execution.
• Excellent communication and relationship skills, both verbal and written, with the proven ability to communicate to all levels internally and externally.
• Demonstrated ability to negotiate solutions that produce a positive outcome with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience influencing positive program progress, while fulfilling a non-prime leadership role.
Job Category : Flight Operations