Northrop Grumman F-35 Sr Principal Air Vehicle Sustainment Engineer in Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
The sustainment leadership team for NG F-35 Hybrid Product Support Integration (HPSI) is seeking a new member to provide support to the Air Vehicle team at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base F-35 Operations Center. This position is part of an integrated industry and government operational team that works together to ensure the best performance, response and outcomes for the F-35 Program and Fleet. The team member will be responsible for engaging with the global fleet support, using considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, on a variety of maintenance and sustainment issues, to assure thorough and timely resolutions.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Applies extensive maintenance expertise to plan, coordinate, direct, and/or perform assignments in coordination for issue resolutions involving sustainment aspects across the fleet.
Serves as a subject matter expert in areas of sustainment specifications to provide support to design changes or alterations to, aircraft, systems, components, operations and field/shop equipment related to fleet sustainment.
Investigates and analyzes operational sustainment requirements and problems, to identify and recommend solutions that meet program and governmental safety, and performance standards.
Works as an integrated Air Vehicle member to evaluate, select, apply, and/or make recommendations to adapt engineering modifications, parts, and components in support of sustainment and fleet performance.
Analyzes reparability of parts and components.
Evaluates operating data on parts, components, and systems to establish causes and work with system teams to determine remedies for wear, malfunctions, or premature removals.
Analyzes and evaluates aircraft and associated equipment proposals for remedying new or evolving sustainment needs.
Prepares technical data, procedures, reports, drawings, manuals, and other required publications as needed in support of the integrated sustainment program team.
Shapes the long-term sustainment strategies across platform functions, as a sustainment SME within a diverse organization with continually evolving dependencies and interactions.
Possess a complete understanding and wide application of air vehicle technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related sustainment, logistical and operations related disciplines.
Provide or integrate technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems.
Capable of providing or collaborating on imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent solutions within the area of air vehicle sustainment.
Capable of working independently, and leading the development of acute and long-term action plans to manage the completed lifecycle of incident management.
Can independently determine and develop approach to solutions, or lead disparate teams and disciplines, in working together to develop a solution.
Contribute to the development and completion of specific operational programs and projects, utilizing all available resources effectively.
Demonstrated ability to successfully navigate inter-organizational, intra-organizational and outside customer contacts.
Can represent the larger F-35 and NG organizations in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific operational and sustainment projects.
Capable of interacting and liaising with senior personnel on significant technical matters, often requiring coordination between organizations.
Can guide the successful completion of major projects and function in a project leadership role.
• Bachelor's degree with 9+ years of relevant and technical experience.
• Demonstrated experience with aircraft maintenance and sustainment, data integration and plan formulation related to quality and operational improvements.
• Demonstrated ability to drive closure and resolve complex and large-scale technical issues/challenges.
• Demonstrated ability to foster customer relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to foster and lead team collaboration, troubleshooting concepts and develop documented and complete solutions (your own or those of a team).
• Demonstrated experience in performing on complex/global/diverse teams.
• Hold a current US Secret Level Clearance.
• Master's Degree in a related field with 7+ years of relevant and technical experience.
• Experience on F-35 program, or similar 5th generation platform.
• Prior service/employment within USAF, USMC, USDoN, or other related Defense organization.
• Demonstrated performance in a Maintenance and Sustainment Leadership role.
• Experience with and/or supporting agile program management methodology and execution of work.
• Proven experience as a strategic thinker with the ability to translate ideas into action and results.
• Wide variety of customer experience in the areas of sustainment, operations and solution design.
• Demonstrated business acumen and understanding of connectivity and support of Sustainment to the overall success of the business.
• Adept at working within matrix organizations for successful execution.
• Excellent communication and relationship skills, both verbal and written, with the proven ability to communicate to all levels internally and externally.
• Demonstrated ability to negotiate solutions that produce a positive outcome with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience influencing positive program progress, while fulfilling a non-prime leadership role.
Job Category : Flight Operations