Northrop Grumman Principal VMware Infrastructure Developer in Woodlawn, Maryland
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you will discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you will discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems sector is seeking a Principal VMware Senior Infrastructure Developer. This position is located in Woodlawn, MD.
Collaborate with technical staff to design, configure, develop and maintain an enterprise wide cloud infrastructure solution. Lead efforts in developing the architecture and implementation plan for platform upgrades. Participate in discussions to understand requirements and objectives. Use the VMware Suite of applications to deliver IT services through automation and pre-defined policies.
Roles & Responsibilities include:
• Contribute significantly to enterprise architecture strategy, roadmap and standards
• Evaluate VMWare technology and define upgrade plan
• Design, configure and provide administration support for the VMware vRealize Cloud Suite of products which includes vRealize Automation, Orchestration, Operations Manager and Life Cycle Manager
• Work with teams, vendors and consultants to determine strategy for complex system changes, upgrades and implementations.
• Work with various teams to understand processes and determine how to incorporate into the Cloud so they adhere to policy while being streamlined using automation.
• Work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
• Apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts.
• Communicate technical procedures and processes to non-technical users.
• Develop configuration and procedural documentation as necessary.
• Develop methodologies and practices to manage and plan system capacity based on projected growth rate to ensure that system performance remains at acceptable levels.
• Maintain software versions of the host infrastructure servers to the latest production levels keeping compliant with security requirements and standards.
• Lead efforts in the research and documentation of processes, including new procedure manual documentation, implementation, and updates.
• Bachelor's degree and 7 years of experience, OR Master's degree and 5 years of experience, OR 11 years of directly related experience in lieu of a degree.
• Minimum of 7 years of experience:
o Performing engineering or development functions in direct support of infrastructure services.
o Following virtualization technologies: VMWare ESX, NSX, vSphere 5.5/6.5, vRealize Operations
o Using any of the following Operating system technologies: Windows Server and Windows Active Directory
o Using vRealize Automation and Orchestrator
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with:
o Managed Code for automation such as PowerShell, Python, C#, bash or other scripting languages
o Networking infrastructure and protocols
• Must be US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (Green card holder)
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Public Trust clearance
• VMware Certified Professional or some VMware certification
• Expertise using vRealize Operations Manager, Life Cycle Manager or Code Stream
• Experience supporting VMware's Site Recovery Manager (SRM)
• Experience developing code that integrates with VMware NSX
• Experience integrating Unified Communications and/or VoIP System Integration (i.e. Avaya)
• Experience using:
o Github or Bitbucket
o The Agile software development method
• ServiceNow experience
• Project Management experience
• Networking experience
• Working knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology