Northrop Grumman Systems Engineering Manager 2 in Woodland Hills, California
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a trusted provider of mission-enabling solutions for global security. Our Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) team is looking for you to join our team as a Systems Engineering Manager 2 based out of Woodland Hills, CA.
The SEIT Department provides systems engineering support to all products areas across Navigation and Positioning Systems (NAPS) and Integrated Digital Systems (IDS) Systems. Systems Engineering responsibilities include; requirements decomposition and management, system integration and checkout, data processing analysis, and subject matter expertise across multiple domains. Integration and test is responsible for developing and maintaining the system-level testing process during all phases of product development and manufacturing including system integration and qualification. In addition, responsibilities for the group include leading the execution of tests and producing testing documentation such as test plans, procedures, and reports. This position is 20% Functional management and 80% direct program support.
What You'll get to Do:
• Assist in the development and implementation of department vision and strategies to drive employee engagement; improve hiring, development, training and retention of top talent; balance process compliance against innovation; and reduce bureaucracy.
• Staff resource planning.
• Conduct performance and salary reviews.
• Mentor and challenge team members to develop skills and provide career planning/development paths.
• Develop and implement strong processes with emphasis on quantitative management and continuous improvement.
• Ensure organizational compliance with corporate/sector/organizational policies/procedures.
• Drive continuous process improvement and usage of common processes across programs, as appropriate.
• Provide management guidance to achieve outstanding cost, schedule and technical performance.
• Responsible for technical guidance and oversight in developing technical and cost proposals.
• Manage personnel assignments and lab resources in a highly dynamic and demanding engineering environment.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other related discipline and a minimum of 9 years of progressive engineering experience or a Master's degree in Engineering or other related discipline and a minimum of 7 years of progressive engineering experience.
• A proven track record of leading a team of engineers and of establishing strong relationships with other functional organizations and Program Offices.
• Experienced in metrics based cost estimating and the use of prior actual costs to support Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for engineering estimates.
• Strong written and oral communications skills.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
• Master's degree in an Engineering discipline.
• Demonstrated passion for improving employee engagement.
• Prior experience in NAPS or IDS engineering environments.
• Experience in the development of military airborne electronics.
• Knowledge of/experience with emerging (e.g., DO-178) development processes highly desired.
• Working knowledge of Model-Based Engineering methods and tools.
• Position prefers a candidate with a current Secret Clearance.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
9/80 Schedule at Many Sites
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 90,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 27 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering