Northrop Grumman Mgr Programs 2 in Woodland Hills, California
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems and technology that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems sector is looking for a Manager, Programs Level 2 to support the Navigation and Positioning Systems organization/business unit located in Woodland Hills, CA.
The primary responsibility will be the delivery of all contractual requirements on cost and on schedule, while achieving all technical requirements and creating customer intimacy to support value creation strategies and actions. The individual will lead a cross-functional organization aligned to common program performance goals.
Program Managers are responsible for coordination and management of all phases of execution, from inception (proposal development) through completion (contract close-out). Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Financial Acumen & Performance
The ability to apply knowledge, insights and understanding of business and financial concepts, tools and processes to the benefit of program decisions, actions, and performance.
Development and adherence to the contract performance budget baseline utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) methodologies
Support successful execution and responsiveness to the AOP performance and LRSP preparation and build Contracts & Proposals
Completion and tracking of the Contract Requirements Traceability Matrix (CRTM)
Coordination of Contract Change Board activities internally and with the customer, to include Engineering Change Proposals (ECP)
The ability to define proposal strategy, lead proposal teams, analyze and shape RFPs, produce and deliver winning proposals, effectively track and incorporate Review Team comments and findings, manage post-proposal submittals (orals, finding responses), facilitate negotiations.
Technical Program Management
Adherence to internal processes and best practices for Program Management
Knowledge and execution of a variety of program types: (Demonstration/Proto-type/Demonstration, EMD, Production, and Sustainment) and contract types (FFP, CPFF, T&M, FPLOE)
Leading and directing a cross-functional Integrated Product Team (IPT). Identifying, allocating, and managing program resources, including workforce planning
Creation, review and management of the program Statement of Work (SOW). Must effectively plan, define, establish, communicate, monitor, and control scope to ensure that all of the work required and only the work required is performed
Development and adherence to Integrated Master Schedules (IMS)
Effectively leverage the Risks & Opportunities process throughout the program execution, from the proposal process through contract close-out
Effectively addressing program issues & problems systematic, proactive, approach to issue and problem resolution that identifies, communicates, monitors, and promptly resolves conflicts across all levels of the program. Includes implementing a thorough risk and opportunity management process.
Pro-actively managing suppliers to meet program objectives - cost, schedule, technical execution and trades
Customer and Stakeholder Relations
The ability to manage communications with stakeholders through organized processes to ensure that program information is defined, collected, shared, understood, stored and retrieved in a manner that effectively meets program and stakeholder needs.
Development and delivery of presentations to customers, management, and other program stakeholders
The ability to successfully manage customer expectations, grow the business, collaborate and work through challenging problems with the customers, in support of mutually beneficial outcomes
• Bachelor's Degree, plus 9 years of experience including Program/Project Management or Engineering Program Manager/IPT Lead experience with responsibilities of program cost, schedule and technical management.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of management and individual contributors.
• Demonstrated success in leading and developing cross functional teams.
• Ability to make decisions that impact the organization's credibility, operations and services.
• Ability to comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions. Direct knowledge of EVMS and O&R Reports; must have quantitative/qualitative analytical, and presentation expertise
• Strong communication, team building and facilitation skills; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with team, upper management and customers
• Strong skills in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, MS Project, and PowerPoint
• U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government, DoD Secret clearance, clearance not required to start.
• Master's degree in Business, Science, Engineering with 7 years of experience or PhD with 4 years.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
• Active Secret Security Clearance or higher.
• Direct program leadership execution on non-recurring engineering programs exceeding $5M.
• Demonstrated experience in quality, schedule, and cost tradeoff decision making.
• Experience in navigation/positioning systems programs in Aerospace/Defense industry
• Experience in production programs and scheduling
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management