Northrop Grumman Release/Configuration Analyst- Interim Top Secret clearance required in Washington, District Of Columbia
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Release Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Washington, DC. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Department of State (DoS), Bureau of Information Resource management (IRM), Systems and Integration Office (SIO) program. This initiative is intended to provide operational support to modernized and legacy networks, and applications, and supporting DoS/IRM/SIO services.
Roles and Responsibilities may include:
• You will develop and maintain release specific application architectures; you develop initial release plan, and release planning reports
• You shall develop, implement, update, and monitor Release Management processes for implementing approved changes to defined IT services, both the software and the hardware. You shall use a holistic approach in developing the Release Management processes and methodologies to ensure that both the technical and non-technical aspects of a Release are taken into consideration in planning the introduction of approved software, hardware, and policy, and/or procedural changes.
• You shall ensure Release Management processes and activities are inter-related and complementary with the Change Management process, as well as Configuration Management and Problem Management.
• You shall collaborate and work closely with all other support teams which are directly affected or impacted by the results of the Release Management activities and deliverable results, including Change Management, Configuration Management, Problem Management, Service Desk, Testing, Production operations, and other pertinent IT support groups, to address support interdependencies and incorporate appropriate linkages and dependencies into the Release Management processes.
• You shall, at a minimum, address and operate in accordance with DoS Enterprise Release Management procedures. The Contractor shall ensure systems are upgraded, maintained, and installed with minimal disruption to users and business processes. You shall leverage and enforce the use of DevOps practices to the maximum extent practical.
• You shall perform the following Release Management activities:
-- Recommend Release Management policies, procedures, processes, and training requirements per the Release Management process components outlined above.
-- Participate in the development of the Release Management process and procedures and policies.
-- Establish and maintain an appropriate and secure off-network Definitive Software Library (DSL) environment(s) where all authorized versions of all software, in physical or electronic form as applicable and where all Definitive Hardware Store (DHS) hardware spares are stored, protected, and accounted.
-- Maintain master copies of all new versions of software (both COTS software packages and application developed custom-built software) in the secured DSL and update configuration item.
-- Ensure that all hardware spares are secured in the DHS and reflected in the configuration management database(s).
-- Establish, manage, update, and maintain the overall Release Plan and Release Schedule for all planned Releases.
-- Establish and administer the version control schema as it relates to Release Management of DOS custom applications.
• Bachelor's with four years' professional experience or a high school diploma and eight years' professional experience.
• Must have experience with developing and maintaining release plans and schedules.
• Must have experience with one of the following: Change Management, Configuration Management or Problem Management.
• Active interim Top Secret clearance or higher
• ITIL certification
• Ability to identify and relay information and symptoms detected by monitoring tools
• Experience working in a Department of State or other Federal Government agency
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Technical Support