At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking an Electronic Equipment Tech 1 [SCA Electronic Maintenance Tech 1] to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in Warner Robins, GA . Electronics Maintenance Tech 1 is responsible for the repair, modification, and maintenance of a variety of electronic equipment and Electronic Warfare systems. You will be working on highly complex systems and equipment that are mission critical for the platforms that they operate on.
This is a Service Contract Act position .
In this role, the selected candidate will be expected to the following and other similar tasks:
* Fabricate, assemble, and disassemble electronic subassemblies.
* Wire circuits, replace components, and repair electronic assemblies
* Perform routine electronic preventative maintenance on special test equipment (STE) and test stations.
* Perform test readings using several different instruments, including Spectrum Analyzer, Network Analyzer, Curve Tracers, Oscilloscopes, Signal Generators and Digital Multimeters.
* Troubleshoot to component level to determine cause and remedy for malfunction.
* Conduct routine engineering tests and detailed experimental testing.
* Perform calibration checks on electronic instruments.
* Use practical electronic theory and basic tools
* Associate degree in Electronics-related field OR Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) in Electronics related position, AND 3+ years of relevant electronics experience
* Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
* Must be able to work various shifts as needed
* Must be able to work on-site in Warner Robins, Georgia
* Familiarity with Oscilloscopes, Digital Multimeter (DMM) or similar test equipment
* Self-starter with ability to work with little to no supervision.
* Ability to recognize basic electronic components and work from schematics, diagrams, rough sketches, and verbal instructions.
* Ability to follow test procedures, work instructions and other process documents.
* Must be able to collaborate in a team environment.
*Able to obtain/maintain a Secret DoD clearance
* Experience with Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) in a lab environment
* Experience testing and troubleshooting RF assemblies and sub-assemblies
* Experience testing and troubleshooting Electronic Warfare systems
* Soldering experience or familiarization
* Have a current Secret DoD clearance
Salary Range: $26 - $26
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority . The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs