Northrop Grumman Network Engineer in United States
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is looking for a motivated Network Engineer to work in a challenging field for a program requiring 24/7/365 support. This position is located in Chantilly, VA. This individual must demonstrate an energetic approach to accomplishing tasks, and exhibit composure when working with External partners and team members.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Perform Tier 1 and possibly Tier 2 troubleshooting support
• Participate in new installations, testing and special projects as needed
• Utilize established operating procedures to collect, store, track, trend and report performance metrics
• Generate daily system reports to be submitted at the end of each day
• Observe equipment and system software for messages or error indicators
• Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed
• Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases
• Work under minimal direction and independently determine and develop approach to solutions
• Must be willing to carry a pager
• Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on-call status.
• Perform CM status accounting by identifying and maintaining the historical configuration with version control of all documentation
• Track through CM audits all version documentation problems and version changes in documents and reports changes and current configuration
• Support audits to verify that design meets requirements baselines
• Perform Configuration Management Plan modifications and version updates
• Create and submit for review configuration management templates and project management artifacts
• Maintain Configuration items repositories
• Formulate or review proposed changes
• Track and document all Request for Change
• Validate that each change request has met all the appropriate requirements before board submission
• Collaborate with stakeholders in order to verify that Request for Change form documenting changes are ready for board review and disposition
• Work with PMs to resolve issues and help define needs for change requests that could impede board approval
• Facilitate board meetings which may include sending email notifications to stakeholders, creating agendas, tracking action items and preparing minutes
• Coordinate modification records for management control.
• Ensure that customer requirements are implemented, and reviews change accounting activity to ensure compliance with configuration management policies
• Assist with hardware and software Inventory control
• Schedule Management
The candidate will also support group customer management in organizing executive level meetings and delivering executive-level reports. Meeting preparation includes developing and coordinating the agendas, coordinating and compiling all briefing material, facilitating the conduct of the meeting, writing minutes and capturing and tracking action items. Extensive coordination, continuous communication, and flexibility are absolutely essential to successful execution of these tasks.
Program requires support 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, and 365 days a year
Candidate must possess an active TS. Must be willing to obtain polygraph if program need arises.
Bachelor's Degree and 9+ years or relevant experience
Candidate must possess an active DoD 8570 Security+ Certification
Experience providing technical support for computers and associated networks for a large classified government contract
Experience implementing and troubleshooting LAN technologies such as VLANs, Trunking (port tagging), Spanning-Tree, and Port Security
Must be able to lift equipment containers weighing 50lb
Must be able to climb ladders up to two stories in height
Aptitude to learn new computer applications
Familiarity with using Microsoft Suite (which includes: Word, Excel and Outlook)
Possess an active SCI or be willing to obtain one
Basic skill for operating computers such as saving, moving and storing data files
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology