Northrop Grumman Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer in Ventura, California
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
We are seeking a motivated Electronics Engineer 4 to join a dedicated, highly engaged field engineering team in southern California.
Here you will have the opportunity to support a variety of unique electrical, electronic and electromechanical systems designed for marine applications on a meaningful program. The types of systems supported include:
Power Conversion and Distribution
Motors and Motor Controllers
Industrial Controls, Connectors & Cabling
The ideal candidate brings solid engineering skills along with a multi-disciplined background, a hands-on work ethic, and a good understanding of engineering fundamentals.
Position Summary / Responsibilities
- Researches, designs, develops, and tests a variety of electronic equipment and systems, including radar and radiation detection equipment; radio, television and other communications equipment and systems; circuitry components; analog and digital computers; and control and test equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Applies extensive technical expertise, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines. Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
- Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long- term perspective, for desired results.
- Guides the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
- Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
Deploying at sea with customer personnel is not a requirement, but many of our engineers choose to do so because it allows them to experience and evaluate the real world performance of the systems they have designed and built.
Bachelor's Degree or higher in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) and a minimum of 9 years of related experience including electrical or electronics design, testing and debugging (7 years with a technical MS degree or 4 years with a PhD)
Minimum of 2 years of programming experience including some of these: C, C++, C#, SQL, XML, MS Visual Studio .NET, and MS Windows application development
Active TS/SCI or equivalent
Experience with embedded systems, software development, computer networks, data communications, analog and digital circuit design, solids modeling, engineering drawings and technical writing.
Proficiency in SolidWorks is desirable
Experience with marine systems is a plus #LI-AM1
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering