Northrop Grumman Mechanical Technician 2 in Vandenberg AFB, California
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman is designing, producing, and sustaining the next generation of ballistic missile interceptors as part of the Next Generation Interceptor (NGI) solution. A Next Generation Interceptor (NGI) is necessary to deliver timely, reliable, and effective defense for the United States in the face of ever evolving and ever increasing threats to our nation. Northrop Grumman's fully integrated Interceptor program leverages broad Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) expertise and twenty-plus years of operational GMD GBI Homeland Defense experience. Our NGI solution incorporates low risk, next generation technologies and tailors modern practices within traditional execution to incrementally optimize engineering, manufacturing, and mission performance. Come join Northrop Grumman in this exciting new venture!
We offer flexible work arrangements, great learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems - Launch and Missile Defense Systems - Vandenberg, CA has a current opening for a Mechanical Technician 2
• Stage, set up, assemble, flight hardware and test equipment per technical work instructions and blueprints
• Hands on operations of large, small, fragile, ESD sensitive, and explosive devices
• Ability to interpret reading/understanding technical drawings and work instructions
• Experience working with adhesives and ablative materials
• Experience working with high pressure pneumatic and hydraulic systems
• Execute lifting and moving rocket stages
• Proficient use of various mechanical tools
• Knowledge of technical trade practices and skill in performing various operational repairs and preventative maintenance
• Familiarity with calibrated measuring devices including multi meters, micrometers, calipers, and torque wrenches.
• Military aviation, aerospace, or Automotive experience a plus
• Experience with forklifts, overhead cranes, man lifts, and heavy equipment
• Adhere to established policies and procedures pertaining to job safety and security
• Must have or can obtain a Secret Clearance
• Must be able to travel up to 4 weeks per year
• Must be willing and able to work occasional odd shifts and extra hours
• Ability to engage in an environment of continuous product and process improvement
• High integrity and strong work ethics
• Flexible and able to deal with multiple tasks simultaneously
• Calm under pressure
• Excellent communicator one on one or in group setting
• Productive time management
• Able to collaborate and effectively work in a team oriented environment
AA or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline and 1 year of related experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Technical Support