Northrop Grumman GBSD Staff Systems Test Engineer in Vandenberg AFB, California
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Staff Test Engineer for the Flight Test Team. This position will be located in VAFB, CA and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What You'll Get To Do:
• Synthesize test requirements into verification requirements, test objectives, success criteria, and required resources for system level tests and demonstrations.
• Support the development of test requirements and detailed integration test plans, test information sheets (TIS), test procedures, test readiness reviews (TRRs), test data and test reports.
• Execution of qualification and acceptance testing per those requirements, plans and procedures.
• Develop test enabling product requirements (i.e,, STE, test instrumentation, test facilities).
• Creation of test ConOps flows that maximizes the utility of test resources while meeting schedule and technical requirements and/or constraints
• Effectively communicate and present to project and program management, technical stakeholders, peers, and customers.
• Participate in internal and customer test planning working groups.
• Support program reviews and customer delivery (CDRL) development
• Lead test planning campaigns through major program milestones and/or mission threads
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- 9 Years with Bachelors in Science in Electrical Engineering ; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD
• Possess Active Top Secret Clearance and an eligibility for Special Program Access
• Experience in the Electrical Design and Test of Missile Systems
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
Active Top Secret Clearance
Experience in ICBMs or Aerospace programs
Experience with NX and Teamcenter
Experience with DOORS requirements management tool
MBSE and CAMEO experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering