Northrop Grumman GBSD Principal Engineer Mission Assurance in Vandenberg AFB, California
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal/Senior Principal Mission Assurance Field Engineer. This position will be located at Vandenberg Air Force Base, California. The selected candidate will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
Design and construction of facilities and infrastructure on military installations; Design, construction, operation, and maintenance of site facilitys for copliance with US Environmental Protection Agency guidelines, and applicable civil codes.
Provide support in full spectrum of engineer duties. Building structures, develop civil works program, work with natural resources, construct roads, buildings, military bases, airfields, and much more. Train the force, write new policy, or research alternative engineering technology. Collect, manage and visualize terrain data. Emplace demolitions, conduct reconnaissance and support maneuver units with mobility. Construct, emplace, or assemble floating, vehicle-emplaced, or permanent bridges. Generate, distribute, and provide technical expertise on electrical power. Plan and execute engineering missions, both combat and construction. Undergraduate degree.
What You'll Get To Do:
• Day-to-day activities will include side-by-side participation with operations, engineering, and inspection personnel to ensure high quality product and processes while removing non-value added waste.
• Provide and support nonconformance analysis for product and processes.
• Concur with material review board dispositions for product non-conformances.
• Lead and participate in non-conformance investigations to analyze and determine root cause, define corrective actions, preventative actions, and ensure corrective/preventive action implementation and effectiveness
• Coordinate, identify part non-conformance history, and communicate trends.
• Participate in program and quality assurance reviews.
• Track and report monthly quality performance metrics
• Train or assist with training of new hires, and refresher training of current technicians
• Review drawings and specifications and have solid requirement interpretations
• Able to work independently, be a self-starter, and capable of Multi-tasking
• Have strong problem solving skills and be a critical thinker,
• Have excellent computer, presentation, and communication skills.
• Focus on developing, establishing and maintaining Mission Assurance policies and procedures, processes and controls thereby ensuring both performance and quality of manufactured products conform to established company, international (AS9100), and governmental requirements, as well as lasting customer satisfaction. Ensure customer requirements are our first priority
• Understand the design intent, failure modes, requirements and specifications of the product as well as the manufacturing processes, process controls, statistics, SPC, as well as first article and quality inspections.
• Conduct internal audits of processes and procedures and act as an escort for internal and external auditors
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
"This position can be filled at a higher level based on the qualifications listed below."
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Principal Mission Assurance Engineer: Bachelors in Science degree and 5 years of Mission Assurance experience OR a Master's Degree and 3 years of experience OR PhD Degree and 0 years of experience
Sr. Principal Mission Assurance Engineer: Bachelor Degree and 9 years of Mission Assurance experience OR a Master's Degree iand 7 years of experience OR PhD Degree and 4 years of experience
Active Secret Clearance (awarded within the past 5 years)
Experience in developing and implementing Mission Assurance plans
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
Active Top Secret Clearance (awarded within the past 5 years)
Experience in leading a team of Mission Assurance Engineers.
Experience in process monitoring, data collection, analysis, and metric reporting for a large program/supplier-base.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering