Northrop Grumman Technical Editor and Writer 3 in Tampa, Florida
Technical Editor and Writer 3
Requisition ID: 18004257
Location(s): United States-Florida-Tampa
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is actively seeking an experienced Technical Editor & Writer Professional to fill a role that requires a broad array of knowledge and skills working with team members to support a Cyber Security program in Tampa, FL.
We're looking for a highly motivated individual with an impeccable work ethic and a strong ability to work in a collaborative fast-moving dynamic team environment. The primary team is located in Tampa, Florida with distributed team members embedded directly with the customer.
In this position you will:
• Write, rewrite and/or edit IT-related technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences.
• You must be familiar with the requirements & concepts of documentation needs in the areas of network design and engineering, configuration / change management, test & evaluation, training, IT-related security, logistics & sustainment, and network operations management.
• You will acquire subject knowledge by interviewing operators/developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals.
• You will conduct / coordinate preparation and execution of creation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), engineering documentation, test & evaluation documentation, and all other Government directed deliverable documentation as required.
• Conduct quality review of all materials to ensure both compliance and standardization. Individual must a solid understanding of Department of Defense processes and be able to operate in those environments.
• US Citizenship required and must have a Department of Defense Top Secret/SCI security clearance which was active in last 24 months
• Education/Experience: Six (6) Years of experience with Bachelors in Science; Four (4) Years with Masters / Four (4) years of additional experience can be substituted in lieu of college degree
• Must possess or be able to obtain DoD 8570 Certification for IAT Level II or higher within two (2) months of starting (GSEC, GICSP, SCCP, Security CE or CCNA-Security) (reference: http://iase.disa.mil/iawip/Pages/iabaseline.aspx for list of qualified certifications)
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Possess superior communication, presentation, and writing skills
• Possess the positive attitude and team spirit needed to succeed in a collaborative environment
• Ability to compose materials such as detailed reports, work‐related manuals, publications
• Ability to develop and present material outside the immediate work function
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to identify and use proper grammar
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously
• DoD 8570 Certification for IAT Level III
• Functional experience working with Department of Defense standards for documentation
• Recent military experience or familiarity with DOD
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Technical Editor and Writer 3
Requisition ID: 18004257