Northrop Grumman PC Network Support Tech 3 in Sunnyvale, California
Support our entire enterprise and build the networks, staff the teams, and develop the processes that will keep us defining what's possible. We have opportunities across our enterprise with 90,000 team members throughout the world. The only limit to your growth is your ambition and drive. We want to empower you to bring your best, with resources, support, and talented team members that will launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Desktop PC Tech to support the Sunnyvale site. Roles and responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
• Provide technical support for computers and associated networks.
• Install, troubleshoot, service, and repair personal computers, related PC software, telephones, cables, and connectors. Connects personal computers and terminals to existing data networks. Performs basic PC setups.
• Instruct and assist users in the use of personal computers and networks. Investigates information, network, and communications needs of users, and makes recommendations regarding software and hardware purchases. Maintains trouble logs.
• Complete paperwork and other tasks needed to satisfy Security requirements. Follows all Security regulations, guidelines, and processes regarding the installation, maintenance, and retirement of PCs and PC-related hardware and software. Works with Security to remediate classified data spillage incidents.
• Coordinate with users, IT staff, server administrators, network engineers, customer and IT management.
• Review the trouble ticket queue to identify issues that need to be addressed. Works through the ticket queue without intervening management direction (self-motivated). Resolves tickets within established SLAs. Raises issues that require management attention or involvement.
• Establish and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction according to defined objectives while adhering to established policies.
• Maintain hardware inventory and controls asset distribution
• Provide hardware break/fix support as needed
• Work with system administrators and other staff to resolve support issues, escalating where appropriate.
• Participate in new installations, testing and special projects as needed.
• Exhibit good communication skills, an energetic approach, and patience with customers.
• Lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
• High school diploma and 4 years of experience OR an Associate's degree and 2 years of experience
• Current Security + CE or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
• Experience in Microsoft products such as Windows Desktop OS, Office Product Suite
• Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance (as required)
• Ability to work a rotational shift schedule as needed
• Bachelor's of Science or other technical based degree
• Active Secret clearance
• CompTIA A+ or Network+ Certification
• Proficiency in remote administration and troubleshooting of desktop PCs, Visio, PowerShell
• Experience with zero and/or thin client devices
• Experience in Active Directory configuring user and computer accounts
• Cross-platform experience (i.e. two or more: Windows, Linux, Solaris, OSX, UNIX, etc.)
• Experience supporting VMware VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology