Northrop Grumman Engineer Aeronautical 3 in Sunnyvale, California
Engineer Aeronautical 3
Requisition ID: 18004459
Location(s): United States-California-Sunnyvale
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Northrop Grumman Marine Systems specializes in the analysis, development, manufacture, assembly and testing of missile launching and handling systems, propulsion, and power generation systems for naval surface ships and submarines.Analyst will assist in the development of complex, multi-physics computational fluid dynamic (CFD) and heat transfer performance assessment models for missile launching systems. Models will have a focus on gas dynamics, liquid injection, phase change, missile motion, and fluid-structure interaction; elements required to accurately predict system performance. Experience with commercial CFD software packages such as CFD , Fluent, CFX and ANSYS Mechanical is required. A broad background in computational fluids modeling is necessary to assist across a range of assignments. Generation of heat transfer models employing conjugate heat transfer principles is desired for stowage and environmental control analyses. Candidate must be able to create presentations and communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
• 5 or more years of engineering experience in a physics-based modeling and simulation environment with a Bachelor's degree; 3 or more years with a Master's; or 0 years or more with a PhD
• Experience with commercial CFD software packages such as CFD , Fluent, CFX and ANSYS Mechanical.
• Programming or software development experience in general engineering languages (e.g. Matlab, C , Fortran, Python).
• Superior writing skills are required for documentation and technical exchange.
• Must be a U.S. citizen to obtain a security clearance.
• PhD in aeronautical/aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, mathematics, or physics with an emphasis in CFD methods development or a related area
• Demonstrated ability to develop physics-based computational models that consider the relevant physical mechanisms and balance the fidelity of the solution with the available time and resources
• Experience with test data reduction and analysis, uncertainty analysis, and verification/validation of computational results using first-principles and experimental data
• Experience with multi-physics/multi-species CFD, high-energy gas dynamics, fluid-structure interaction (FSI), conjugate heat transfer (CHT), or finite element analysis (FEA)
• Experience with computer clusters and parallel processing in Linux and Windows environments. Experience executing analysis on government clusters a plus.
• Experience with mesh generation software such as Pointwise and post-processing software such as Tecplot
• Experience with software development in an agile environment
• Active Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visitwww.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Engineer Aeronautical 3
Requisition ID: 18004459