Northrop Grumman Principal Cisco Network Engineer/ Sr Principal Cisco Network Engineer in Stafford, Virginia
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking self-motivated, energetic individual to work at government customer site in Stafford, Virginia as a Cisco Network Engineer. The successful candidate will work on Operations and Maintenance (O&M) program designing, analyzing and maintaining Cisco based internal and external networks for operating a wide array of antenna systems.
What You Will Do:
•Design and plan network communications systems, providing specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture using Visio network diagrams
•Provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
•Perform network monitoring, testing, maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
•Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as Cisco routers, multiplexers, firewalls, switches, bridges, gateways, etc.
•DISA ACAS/Nessus scanning and hardening of Windows workstation/server and Cisco appliances.
•Ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage.
"This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below."
This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or a level 4.
• For Cisco Engineer 3: BS degree +5 years of exp; MS Degree with 3 years; or a PhD degree; 9 years of experience in lieu of degree can also be considered
• For Cisco Network Engineer 4: BS degree +9 years of exp; MS Degree with 7 years; or a PhD degree with 4 years; 13 years of experience in lieu of degree can also be considered
• Current Active Top Secret security clearance with SCI and successfully complete a polygraph
• Security+ certification required
• Ability to travel (less than 10% of time)
• DOD 8570 compliance
• Information Assurance Technical Workforce (IAT) level 1 or higher
• Candidate requires strong system Windows Server Administrator skills to support the smooth operation of multi-user computer systems.
• Solid understanding of IP, TCP/UDP, IPSEC, VTP, GRE, SNMP, SSL/TLS, DNS and LDAP protocols.
• Active TS/SCI with CI Poly
• Experience with: Cisco switches and routers, Linux administration, Solar Winds Network Performance Monitor, Exchange, Active Directory, HBSS, ACAS, Nessus, STIG compliance, IAVM, patching, RFM, IPS and IDS tuning, log severs and auditing, network monitoring, compliance monitoring, incident response.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology