Northrop Grumman Electrical Engineer/ Principal Electrical Engineer in Stafford, Virginia
Northrop Grumman Space Systems sector is seeking a Electrical Engineer to join the Payload and Ground Systems Division.
What You Will Do:
• Support Operations and Maintenance by providing proactive and reactive maintenance on large antenna platforms and associated equipment in the generation of Radio Frequency (RF) signals and communications systems
• Maintain, service and repair tracking antennas, antenna drive trains, gear boxes/motors, motor controllers/servo amplifiers, synchros, encoders, RF switches, and feeds
• Maintain and calibrate different types of coaxial transmission lines and waveguides
• Troubleshoot and repair Traveling Wave Tube (TWT) and Solid State amplifiers, custom RF switching units, fiber optics transmitters and receivers and other related electronic signal generation and verification equipment
• Use and operate test equipment to include: spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, power meter, signal generator, pulse generator, multi-meter or Digital Volt Meter (DVM), fiber optic testers
• Responsibilities include analyzing equipment problems, isolating causes and taking proper action to resolve problems
• Perform preventative maintenance and integrate approved equipment modifications into the existing customer baseline.
• This position does require shift work - 1st/2nd shift with rotating weekend supports ( - every 14 weeks)
• This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3.
• Level 2: Bachelor Degree with 2 years of experience or 6 years of exp in lieu of degree.
• Level 3 : 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD, or 9 years of experience in lieu of degree.
• Skills required are in line with military electronics equivalent training in ratings such as, Navy CTM, ET, FCT and Army 35T Series
• Four years of work-related experience in technical/electronics field completing system maintenance and electronic equipment troubleshooting
• Ability to work within a group or independently where collaboration and attention to detail is critical to mission success
• Ability to climb ladders and use personnel lifts for heights to approximately 50 feet (using approved fall protection equipment), ascend and descend 60 feet of stairs
• Ability to install and uninstall (lift) devices weighing 50 pounds
• Ability to work closely with other contractors and government customers
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance with SCI and successfully complete a CI polygraph
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and technical writing skills
• Valid driver's license
• Successful completion of skills assessment required.
• Active TS-SCI clearance with CI Poly
• Work related experience with electronic test equipment to include: spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, power meter, signal generator, pulse generator, multi-meter or Digital Volt Meter (DVM), fiber optic testers
• Work related experience on RF and Microwave systems
• RF verification in the frequency domain and time domain.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering