Northrop Grumman Principal Java Application Developer - Angular in Springfield, Virginia
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you will discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you will discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop Grumman Defense Sector is seeking a Principal Java Applications Developer - Angular with agile methodology experience to join our BEAGLE (Border Enforcement Applications for Government Leading-Edge Information Technology) Agile Solution Factory (ASF) Team supporting Customs and Border Protection (CBP) client located in Northern Virginia!
Join this passionate team of industry-leading individuals supporting the best practices in Agile Software Development for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). As a member of the BEAGLE ASF Team, you will support the men and women charged with safeguarding the American people and enhancing the Nation's safety, security, and prosperity.
CBP agents and officers are on the front lines, every day, protecting our national security by combining customs, immigration, border security, and agricultural protection into one coordinated and supportive activity.
This position is in Springfield, VA.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Serve as an Agile Scrum team member providing software development and maintenance for the delivery of releasable software in short sprint cycles. Responsible for activities associated with delivery of software solutions associated with customer-defined systems and software projects by working in close collaboration with software developers/engineers, stakeholders, and end users within Agile processes.
· Designing, developing and implementing custom software and database application capabilities for a variety of legacy and modernized systems with limited oversight
· Acting as a member of a product team supporting teammates and collaborating with a do what it takes attitude to ensure product and team success
· Providing improvements to the product(s) being supported
· Actively participate in release and sprint planning, artifact creation, sprint testing, regression testing, demonstrations and retrospectives and solution releases
· Supporting release planning with conceptual design and development / refinement of software engineering guidelines
· Analyzing complex project-related problems and creating innovative solutions involving, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools and solution components
· Ensuring product quality and timeliness of work, providing advice and guidance, resolving problems to meet objectives, and providing periodic performance reports
· Providing mentoring to junior members of the team
College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline. Equivalent professional experience will be considered in lieu of degree
Professional Experience: at least seven (7) years related technical experience, with software design, development and implementation in a Windows Environment
Object oriented design and development (OODD) expertise, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to pass CBP background investigation, criteria include but are not limited to:
3 year check for felony convictions
1 year check for illegal drug use
1 year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud
Technical Certifications, such as OCAJP; OCPJP; OCE, OCM; CSM.
DOD 8570 certification
Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts, and contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas
Direct experience providing production support for applications utilizing Oracle databases; experience with Oracle tools
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering