Northrop Grumman Engineer Technical Services 3 in Springfield, Virginia
Engineer Technical Services 3
Requisition ID: 18005010
Location(s): United States-Virginia-Springfield
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an on-site Technical Services Engineer level 3 or 4. This position is located in Springfield, Va.
The Replacement External Messaging Handler (REMH) application is used to facilitate information exchange of official information of organizational messaging in support of the NGA mission. This position serves as a senior technical
resource for providing on-site organizational messaging support to National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA).
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Perform routine application maintenance functions and database back-ups
· Provide on-call telephone technical support via rotation
· Correct messages that have failed message format validation for continued processing
· Troubleshoot and resolve connectivity issues with connected systems/applications
· Perform message switch system configuration and database modifications
· Install and test message switch application software releases and patches
· Assist with development of user documentation and training materials
· Provide training to government personnel
· Manage and configure new communication lines
· Manage user accounts
· Serves as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects.
· Interacts with customers on significant technical matters.
· The candidate would be required to direct a subordinate TSE.
“This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or a level 4"
Basic Qualifications for a level 3 are a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology field or STEM field and a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
Basic Qualifications for a level 4 are a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology field or STEM field and a minimum of 9 years of related experience.
· Must have a minimum of an active TS/SSBI clearance
· System Administrator experience
· Organizational Messaging experience
· Systems Administration experience Unix/Solaris
· Security related certification such as Security /CISSP/Network
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Engineer Technical Services 3
Requisition ID: 18005010