Northrop Grumman Mgr Programs 2 - MAF DTC in Scott AFB, Illinois
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems and technology that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman's Defense Systems sector is looking for a Mgr, Programs Level 2 for the Mobility Air Forces (MAF) Distributed Training Center (DTC) located at Scott AFB, IL, supporting the MAF Distributed Mission Operations (DMO) program. The MAF DTC Manager will oversee the daily execution of MAF DTC activities to include the execution of distributed training events, security, network management, help desk operations and site support. They will direct all phases of MAF DTC program objectives from inception through completion to include responsibility for site specific technical statement of work / performance and overall site operations. He/she will be responsible for site day to day activities including employee timesheets, performance evaluations, property control, facility, safety, security, daily operations and direct the work of employees assigned from technical, operational and administrative areas. He/she provides leadership, guidance, and career development to assigned site employees, while ensuring adherence to Northrop Grumman and MS Human Resource policies. He/she will maintain close coordination with the program manager.
Program Managers are responsible for leading all phases of the program life cycle from inception (proposal development) through startup, execution, and completion (contract closeout). Primary responsibilities are the management of cost, schedule, and technical performance of company programs or subsystems and include, but are not limited to:
• Cultivating customer relationships and intimacy to develop further opportunities within the customer community
• Developing new business opportunities through long term strategic planning, capture planning, and development of proposals and business plans
• Establishing a program organization that effectively addresses customer requirements and incorporates the necessary internal and external sub-organizations
• Leading and directing cross-functional Integrated Program Teams (IPT) to meet program cost, schedule and technical performance objectives
• Measuring and reporting program performance
• Delivering presentations to customers, executive management and other program stakeholders
• Participating in the negotiation of contracts, contract changes, specifications, operating budgets, schedule milestones, and key terms and conditions.
• Establishing design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
• Creation, review and finalization of the program Statement of Work
Identification, distribution, tracking, and completion of program requirements
• Establishment and management of the program and subordinate baselines
• Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control methodologies and tools
Identifying, allocating and managing program resources, including workforce planning
• Managing Government/customer supplied property or information (GFE, CFE, etc.)
• Managing suppliers to meet program objectives.
• Adherence to all internal processes, policies, and applicable industry standards
• Ensuring program team understands and adheres to contract scope, and manages change through control board activities
• Development and adherence to master plans and schedules
Conducting thorough risk & opportunity management practices including identification, mitigation and realization
• BA/BS Degree required and at least 12 years of related experience; 10 years with Masters
• Must have current DoD Secret security clearance (or higher)
• Previous manager/supervisor experience required
• Experience with Distributed Mission Operations and coordination of Live-Virtual-Constructive activities
• Understanding/experience with Live-Virtual-Constructive training concepts
• Modeling and simulation systems experience
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
• Must have proven leadership skills
• Must be able to communicate effectively, both written and oral
• Previous Distributed Training Center experience
• Air Mobility Command (AMC) Operational experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management