Northrop Grumman Spacecraft Operations Engineer in Schriever AFB, Colorado
Participates in technical aspects of mission planning and scheduling, mission operations plan development, complex operations procedure and software tool development, telemetry and data review, data and satellite performance and trending analysis. Perform data gathering and complex analysis tasks in support of anomaly and failure review. Develop and implement of contingency and recovery plans and procedures.
The Launch Integration Engineer will participate in team implementation of mission CONOP on the day of launch for the assigned missions. This position will achieve proficiency on the operations floor and certification will be maintained as a requirement for qualification to provide for launch operations support. Have the ability to identify and recommends solutions for smooth continuing operation of network as capacity needs change. Makes corrections to network configurations to ensure efficient operation. Monitors and documents traffic analysis. Monitors all hardware components to ensure terrestrial and satellite network communication facilities are operating at optimum levels. Must possess strong oral, written and interpersonal communications skills and be able to lead discussions and work in a dynamic team environment. This position will provide internal process improvement initiatives and leadership insight to a team of varied level engineers. Candidate must be able to work in an operational location with government (civilian and military) personnel. Performs other duties as assigned.
Position requires an active TS/SCI Clearance
• 4 Years with Associates in Science; 2 Years with Bachelors in Science; 0 Years with Masters or 6 years of experience in lieu of a Degree
• Minimum of 1 years of direct flight operations, ground control operations, or ground processing operations experience
• Knowledge of orbital mechanics relative to ballistic and orbital rocket trajectories
• Create and follow standardized processes and clearly document results for post flight analysis to external customers
• Knowledge of and experience with project management concepts
• Very proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Demonstrable skills in both written/oral communications, including the ability to understand/explain technical concepts in briefing and working group formats
• Ability to identify and achieve multiple milestones spread across various calendars and schedules
• Self-motivated and able to provide solutions to highly technical problems
• Good organizational skills and the ability to handle multi-tasking
• Possess strong interpersonal and communications skills
Ability to efficiently and independently multi-task in an extremely demanding and deadline-driven environment
• Knowledge and experience working with Collaborative Task Management tools and process work flow tools
• Ability to interface effectively management, and other engineering personnel
• Knowledge and experience in systems engineering methodology and related engineering processes
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.
Salary Range: $83,600 - $125,400
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Technical Support