Northrop Grumman Staff Engineer Software in San Diego, California
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is located at the Northrop Grumman Rancho Carmel and Spectrum campuses in San Diego, California. Our expertise is in delivering complex secure systems to enable unmanned aviation missions. Our focus is on the world of sensor data collection and analysis, platform command and control, mission planning and execution.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Designs, develops, operates and maintains software and network components and computing systems software to be applied to and integrated with engineering, scientific and manufacturing requirements
• Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of such engineering applications and products such as operational ground control stations for unmanned systems and laboratory or training simulation systems
• Supports integration and troubleshooting of existing/legacy applications
• Interfaces with customers, suppliers, application users and other technical and support personnel.
14 years relevant professional experience with BS in Computer Science; 12 years relevant professional experience with a Masters; 9 years relevant experience with a PHD or related STEM degree.
• Experience modeling and designing new communication waveforms for a pioneering, leading defense satellite communications local to San Diego
• Experience developing digital signal processing for new communication waveform
• Experience implementation and integration of Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) Hardware Description Language (HDL) with software intensive systems
• Ability to Obtain a Secret DoD clearance
• Experience with full Firmware Development lifecycle: specification, design, implementation, integration, debug and maintenance
• Experience with Tactical Data Link processing
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering