Northrop Grumman Sr. Principal Network Architect Engineer in San Diego, California
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a trusted provider of mission-enabling solutions for global security. Our Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
We are looking for you to join our team as a Network Architect Engineer based out of San Diego, CA. As a Network Architect Engineer at Northrop Grumman you will have a challenging and rewarding opportunity to be a part of our Enterprise-wide digital transformation. Through the use of Model-based Engineering, DevSecOps and Agile practices we continue to evolve how we deliver critical national defense products and capabilities for the warfighter. Our success is grounded in our ability to embrace change, move quickly and continuously drive innovation. The successful candidate will be collaborative, open, transparent, and team-oriented with a focus on team empowerment & shared responsibility, flexibility, continuous learning, and a culture of automation.
What You'll get to Do:
The Airborne Sensors & Networks Engineering (ASN) communication systems experts develop next-generation strategic and tactical communication systems for our armed forces. Realize the rewards of conquering a new challenge in a dynamic and highly-technical working environment by joining our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
ASN network engineers design, integrate, and operate secure, military communications networks. They deliver detailed network schematics, hardware selections, and software configurations that meet performance requirements. Network engineers maintain an advanced technical understanding of TCP/IP networks and current products and technologies like routers, firewalls, and switches. They employ necessary tools and procedures to meet cyber-security requirements for sensitive/classified communications systems. Our engineers operate as part of an integrated product team to troubleshoot network problems and support various devices that use the network, including computers that run operating systems like Windows, Linux, and Virtual Machines.
Ideal candidates for this position will have specific qualifications derived from practical experience and study. We seek networking experts that understand advanced networking features, network security, and network management. Candidates also benefit from experience with our common tools and equipment. The selected candidate must have the ability to operate as part of an engineering team, including knowledge of related disciplines, interact with senior customer organizations and personnel, and operate with considerable independence, and to self-identify/pursue long-term interests.
•.Active Secret Clearance, acquired within the last six 6 years.
• Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline from an accredited university with 9 Years or relevant experience; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD; may consider an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
• A professional certification specific to the networking industry like a CCNA/CCNP/CCIE, JNCIA/JNCIE, or equivalent.
• Current expertise with network design, architecture, specifications, and equipment selection.
• Expertise with IPv4 network design, including IP subnetting and routing protocols including BGP and OSPF
• Expertise with network device configuration and troubleshooting (ideally, Cisco IOS/IOS-XE)
• Good understanding of advanced features like GRE, IPSEC, IP quality-of-service, VLANs, and Multicast Routing.
• Good understanding network security features like IP access-lists and stateful protocol inspections.
• Familiar with network management protocols, like SNMP, SSH, syslog, RADIUS/TACACS
• Ability to communicate well, including proficiency with MS Office tools, including PowerPoint and Visio
• Ability to obtain/maintain a Department of Defense TOP SECRET clearance
• Familiar with network management applications, like Splunk, Solarwinds, and/or Cisco ISE.
• Familiar with Windows, Linux, and Virtual Machine configuration and troubleshooting.
• Experience with network application performance analysis and optimization
• Experience with HAIPE/TACLANE and other military COMSEC/CRYPTO equipment and procedures.
• Experience with (MIL) SATCOM equipment and services.
• Experience with Cisco Unified Communications / VoIP and VTC
• Experience with Network modelling/simulation tools such as Cisco Modelling Labs (CML), Qualnet, or EXata
• Experience with wide-area service-provider technologies like MPLS and SONET
• Exposure to the Risk Management Framework, associated security controls, and STIGs
• Exposure with LINUX routing such as FRR, Quagga, or other open source routers.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
9/80 Schedule at Many Sites
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 90,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 27 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology