Northrop Grumman Sr. Principal Linux Systems Administrator in San Diego, California
Support our entire enterprise and build the networks, staff the teams, and develop the processes that will keep us defining what's possible. We have opportunities across our enterprise with 90,000 team members throughout the world. The only limit to your growth is your ambition and drive. We want to empower you to bring your best, with resources, support, and talented team members that will launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Linux Systems Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Palmdale area. Roles and responsibilities include:
• Perform as primary Linux System Administrator for a large classified government contract
• Supporting Devops environments that would include JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket understanding and integration within a Linux environment
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal or external customers, in written and oral format.
• Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
• Able to support multiple networks. Ensure necessary administration tasks are completed; direct others as necessary.
• Analyze internal or external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
• Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
• Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
• Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
• Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
• Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system components.
• Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
• Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
• Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
• Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security.
• Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
• Works under minimal direction and independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
Additional duties will include:
• Provides technical support for computers and associated networks.
•Installs, troubleshoots, services, and repairs personal computers, related PC software, telephones, cables, and connectors. Connects personal computers and terminals to existing data networks. Performs basic PC setups.
•Instructs and assists users in the use of personal computers and networks. Investigates information, network, and communications needs ofusers, and makes recommendations regarding software and hardware purchases. Maintains trouble logs.
•Completes paperwork and other tasks needed to satisfy Security requirements. Follows all Security regulations, guidelines, and processes regarding the installation, maintenance, and retirement of PCsand PC-related hardware and software. Works with Security to remediate classified data spillage incidents.
•Coordinates with users, IT staff, server administrators, network engineers, and customer and IT management.
•Reviews the trouble ticket queue to identify issues that need to be addressed. Works through the ticket queue without intervening managementdirection (self-motivated). Resolves tickets within established SLAs. Raises issues that require management attention or involvement.
•Establishes and maintains high levels of customer satisfaction according to defined objectives while adhering to established policies.
•Works with system administrators and other staff to resolve support issues, escalating where appropriate.
•Participates in new installations, testing and special projects as needed.
•Spends significant portions of the day away from the desk supporting users and moving, upgrading, managing equipment.
•Exhibits good communication skills, an energetic approach, and patience with customers
•Associate's degree and 11 years of experience OR Bachelor's degree and 9 years of experience OR Master's and 7 years of experience; 13 years of related experience may be considered in lieu of completed degree
•Active Seccret Clearance
•IAM Level I certification (ex: Security+ CE) or greater or ability to obtain with 6 months of start date
•Ability to be cleared to special access programs
•Experience managing Linux Server OS and domain architecture
•Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments
•DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco)
•Currently Active Top Secret/SCI Clearance
•Jira, Confluence, DevOps experience
•Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer hardware in a networked environment
•Currently valid Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP or similar security certification
•Understand basic networking, including subnets, routing and VLANs; Cisco experience and/or certification
•Windows domain architecture experience
•Windows Active Directory, LDAP, VMWare, and knowledge of SAN storage systems
•VMWare experience with current version
•Knowledge of environmental monitoring tools (HBSS/Solar Winds/Splunk)
•Creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment
•Experience with Certification & Accreditation process
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology