Northrop Grumman Software Technical Lead 5 in San Diego, California
Software Technical Lead 5
Requisition ID: 18007884
Location(s): United States-California-San Diego
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Software Technical Lead to join our team of qualified,diverse individuals working toward ensuring our country’s security. We want self-starters who will be part of a team of software professionals developing world-class software in a structured environment to meet our customer’s high expectations. You will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including requirements, design, development, hardware integration, system test, deployment, production, sustainment and test support for our multi-function RF device programs. This position will be located in San Diego, CA at the Spectrum Center Kearny Mesa location.
Our expertise is in delivering complex equipment to support multi-function RF software-defined solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Leads and mentors a software and digital circuit design engineering team to develop and sustain a software-defined multi-function RF system over its full lifecycle
· Leads and manages technical aspects of design, development, demonstration and maintenance of software, firmware and digital load components and computing systems software to be applied to mechanisms and concepts of operation aligned with an IED jammer product line to be applied to and verified to meet engineering, scientific and manufacturing requirements
· Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of such engineering applications and products, laboratory simulation and system test systems and supporting production systems.
· Interfaces with customers, suppliers, product line product users and other technical and support personnel.
· Plans software technical task schedules and budgets and manages execution to meet planned milestones and costs.
Software Engineer 5, Technical Lead, requires 14 Years with BS; 12 Years with Masters; 9 Years with PhD. Experience in developing near real-time and real-time embedded waveform, processing and control software using Linux, Java, C/C and digital technologies.
Full software development lifecycle experience including rigorous trusted software development methods for requirements, design, implementation, and verification.
Deep understanding of Clearcase, software source contro and product line software configuration management.
Proven ability to enforce a rigorous software product line process to develop and sustain strategic consolidated product line growth while maintaining multiple production and development baselines.
Strong experience and knowledge of RF signal processing and communications systems; Object-Oriented software design and development methods and tools; Experience with software/hardware integration and lab/bench testing; Hands-on experience with hardware/software interface development, integration, testing and debugging.
Familiarity with Earned Value Management including planning, execution and risk management.
Proven product line and systems thinking application for strategic value creation.
Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills for both internal programs and external customer contact. Excellent customer relationship management skills. US citizenship and active DoD secret clearance required.
• Experience working in an Scrum/Agile development environment.
• Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment methods for complex software-intensive systems.
• Experience with hardware/software troubleshooting in laboratories, in the field and on production systems.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Software Technical Lead 5
Location: California-San Diego
Requisition ID: 18007884