Northrop Grumman Project Management/Operations Program Mgr (OPM) 4 in San Diego, California
Project Management/Operations Program Mgr (OPM) 4
Requisition ID: 18003539
Location(s): United States-California-San Diego
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems has an immediate need for a Project Manager 4/Operations Program Manager (OPM). The OPM will work within Manufacturing and support the Advanced Tactical Networks Operating Unit
located in San Diego, CA.
The responsibilities of an OPM include:
• The Operations Program Manager (OPM) 4 leads and directs activities between Manufacturing, Engineering, Global Supply Chain and Mission Assurance to develop and execute manufacturing build plans.
• This position is responsible for coordinating schedules, cost requirements, and manufacturing visibility to both the Program Office and the Customer and maintaining quality, cost, and schedule requirements.
• The OPM will work to targeted cost and schedule requirements.
• The OPM will facilitate internal meetings to support design, production, and problem resolution.
• The OPM will represent manufacturing at the program Risk Review Board (RRB) meetings and create / manage any applicable manufacturing risks and/or opportunities from the program risk register. Furthermore, the OPM will support and generate proposal documentation as needed to foster new work.
• This position requires acting as a leader or member of a product team, responsible for product-level requirements analysis, design, engineering and fabrication of the products assigned.
**Please be aware that this is a Professional Staff Band 4 position, not a Management position**
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 10 years relevant work experience; 8 years work experience with a Master's Degree.
• Experience in a multi-disciplined manufacturing environment.
• Experience supporting the manufacturing discipline.
• Experience in Firm Fixed Price contracts and earned value management knowledge.
• Strong communication (verbal and written) including presentation skills.
• Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
• Master’s degree.
• Experience with cost, schedule, project leadership, and/or process improvement.
• Experience performing PRR/MRA and bringing new products to volume production.
• Experience with Risk Management, RTG plans, and Forecasting EACs, and managing budgets.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Project Management/Operations Program Mgr (OPM) 4
Location: California-San Diego
Requisition ID: 18003539