Requisition ID: R10096863
Category : Engineering
Location : San Diego, California, United States of America
Citizenship required : United States Citizenship
Clearance Type : Secret
Telecommute : Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
Shift : 1st Shift (United States of America)
Travel Required : Yes, 10% of the Time
Relocation Assistance : Relocation assistance may be available
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for an experienced Principal Cloud & Application Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals within our Software organization. This role is located in San Diego, CA.
In this role you will design, develop, integrate and test software applications and systems for our end-user customers and businesses. Specifically, you will be responsible for the design, architecture, development and administration of cloud-based microservices running on-premise or hosted via cloud service providers. You will work with multi-disciplinary teams, such as with Systems Engineering, Real-time & Embedded Software, Test Automation, DevSecOps and Systems Test, in an Agile software development environment. You will analyze system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls.
• Work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and collaborative team settings across all levels
• Participate in the full software development life cycle including design, implementation, and delivery of software products to our customers
• Operate in a cloud technology development environment working with microservices, object-oriented programming, design patterns and pub-sub messaging
• Work in Agile Scrum teams to develop software products for multiple software baselines
• Collaborate with systems engineers, hardware designers and integration/test engineers to develop and maintain complex software systems
• Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) with 5 years of related engineering experience; OR a Master's degree in STEM with 3 years of related engineering experience, or a PhD in STEM with no experience
• Experience with the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Experience with at least two of the following programming or scripting languages: Java, Python, Go, C++, C#, PowerShell, VBScript, Bash, KornShell
• Experience with Agile software development, object-oriented programming, software integration and testing
• Experience with at least one of the following Cloud technologies and service providers: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft (MS) Azure, Google Cloud
• Experience deploying in virtualized environments (VMWare and Hyper-V)
• Must have an active DoD Secret or higher clearance
• Experience with developing, maintaining, and administering microservices in cloud architecture environment
• Experience with Java microservices, Graphical User Interface (GUI) applications, threading, intermediate object-oriented programming, design patterns, Data Distribution Service (DDS) messaging, web technologies, Unified Modeling Language (UML), database essentials and SQL/NoSQL
• Experience with at least one of the following Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools: Ansible, Puppet, Terraform
• Familiarity with at least one of the following cloud service models: Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
• Experience with leading a small size (1-5) technical team with technical decision making
• Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
• Active Top Secret DoD Clearance
Salary Range: $104,600 - $157,000
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority . The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs