Northrop Grumman PC Network Support Tech 3 in San Diego, California
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence... Northrop Grumman is seeking a PC Network Support Technician to join our team in defining the future. This position will be located in Rancho Bernardo, CA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Information Technology support team. Roles and responsibilities will include:
• Provide Desktop support and troubleshooting of interoperability issues.
• Work closely with other IT organizations and Computer Security to ensure solutions best meet the requirements within the Customer approved, existing infrastructure.
• Resolve problems involving new or existing hardware/software.
• Research vendor documentation and work with other supporting organizations for troubleshooting solutions.
• Install, troubleshoot, service, and repair personal computers, related PC software, cables, and connectors.
• Provide personal computer, hardware, and software support.
• Connect personal computers to existing data networks.
• Maintain trouble logs.
• Instruct users in the use of personal computers and networks.
• Investigate information, network, and communications needs of users, and makes recommendations regarding software and hardware purchases.
• High School diploma or equivalent and 5 years of additional education and/or work experience.
• 4 Years of Windows Desktop Administration experience.
• Familiarity with classified processing environments and procedures.
• US citizenship.
• Active Top Secret security clearance.
• Ability to be cleared to Special Access Programs.
• Must have current Security+ certification.
• Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
• AA or other 2 year technical degree and 3 years of experience.
• Experience with VSM service management software.
• Additional certification - Network+, A+.
• Significant experience with desktop customer service working in a large enterprise environment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology