Northrop Grumman Mgr Programs 3 in San Diego, California
Northrop Grumman, Mission Systems is looking for an experienced Prgram Manager. The primary objective will be delivery of all contractual requirements on cost and on schedule, while achieving technical requirements and creating customer intimacy to support value creation strategies and actions. The individual will lead a matrix-functional organization aligned to common program performance goals, and will lead complex development programs to maintain and upgrade our integrated Communication, Navigation, and Identification (CNI) products for F-35 and derivative applications. This includes insertion of new technologies and capabilities as well as support of ongoing production and sustainment efforts to ensure the success of our customers and warfighters as well as generally advance the state of the art of integrated software defined radio systems contributing to the growth and future of our business.
While this position is targeted at completion and closeout of an ongoing contract along with executing an ECP for significant follow on work, there may be multiple future opportunities as well across multiple organizations that a qualified candidate may grow into.
Program Managers are responsible for leading all phases of execution, from inception (proposal development) through completion (contract closeout) or re-compete. Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Develop customer relationships and cultivate customer intimacy to develop further opportunities within the customer community.
• Leading and directing a cross-functional Integrated Program Team (IPT) to meet program cost, schedule and technical objectives.
• Development and delivery of presentations to customers, executive management and other program stakeholders.
• Develop new business opportunities through long term strategic planning, capture planning and proposal development.
• Knowledge and execution of a variety of proposal and contract types (FFP, CPFF, etc...).
• Creation, review and finalization of the program Statement of Work.
• Negotiation and establishment of schedule milestones, payment, and other key contract terms and conditions.
• Adherence to all internal processes for Program Management.
• Completion and tracking of the Contract Requirements Traceability Matrix.
• Ensure program team understands & adheres to the contract scope.
• Development and adherence to Integrated Master Schedules (IMS).
• Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control methodologies and tools.
• Thorough risk & opportunity management to include identification, mitigation and realization.
• Submission of program performance in internal reporting systems (i.e. IPRS).
• Coordination of Contract Change Board activities internally and with the customer, to include Engineering Change Proposals (ECP) .
• Government Property (GFE, CFE, etc.) tracking and management.
• Addressing workforce planning needs, as needed.
Bachelor's Degree and 10-15 years of applicable experience, or Master's and 8 years years' experience supporting U.S. Government contracts and customers and/or project management in other industries
Experience leading the performance of tasks on schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements as either project lead, integrated program team or cost account manager
Demonstrated success leading teams and/or organizations to achieve a common goal.
Active Secret security clearance
Past experience should include Program Management or a significant leadership position for NG (or similar DoD contractor) on significant size programs.
Experience and understanding of modern electronics, test equipment, and software.
Extensive EVMS experience is required
Proven track record of on-time schedule and cost performance is required.
Job Category : Program Management