Northrop Grumman Mgr Engineering 2 in San Diego, California
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems located in San Diego, CA has an opening for a Manager and System Test Lead. You will be a part of the software qualification test team who will be developing, dry running, and executing test procedures to verify software requirements.
Section Manager responsibilities include working closely with the System Test Engineering Department Manager and fellow section managers to implement department and CoE initiatives, ensuring successful planning and execution of program test engineering activities, collaborating with programs to satisfy staffing needs and provide operations support (incident investigations, metrics collection and analysis, etc.), setting Talent + goals and providing regular performance feedback to employees, supporting the annual salary review and promotion process, mentoring and developing the next generation of technical and project leadership, and improving and implementing test engineering processes and procedures.
The responsibilities of this position include (but are not limited to) the following:
Identify and manage risks and opportunities
Responsible for the planning and execution of test strategies in support of program IFC development process
Responsible for cost, schedule and technical quality of the subsystem test SOW
The ideal candidate is detail oriented, organized, and able to learn challenging concepts quickly in a dynamic environment.
Developing robust nominal & off-nominal software test cases centered on improving the user experience
Lead implementation of test automation strategies using industry standard tools and frameworks
Lead a team of STE's in software testing
Perform workforce planning in collaboration with the functional homeroom.
Coaching and mentoring employees within the team, but sometimes outside the (direct) team.
Thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments and collaborative/team settings across all levels.
Build an engineering project management culture that empowers employees, establishes personal and team accountability, motivates team performance, encourages development, and supports innovation.
• Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and a minimum of 7 years of engineering experience or Master's degree and 5 years of engineering experience.
• Must have an Active in Scope DOD Top Secret Clearance
• Experience with IBM Rational tool suite (DOORS and ClearQuest)
• Experience with Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Git, Confluence)
• Experience with Java, C++, or Python
• Experience using software test automation tools/frameworks
• Experience with Windows/Linux operating systems & Virtual Machines (VMs)
• Expert level understanding of the software development lifecycle and agile development methodology
• 5+ years of professional experience in an embedded software development or QC/test role
• Master's Degree in engineering or management
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Proven Leadership Skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering