Northrop Grumman Materials & Process Engineer - Space Components in San Diego, California
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems and technology that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman's Space System's sector is looking for a Materials & Process Engineer to support the Space Components organization/business unit located in San Diego, CA.
• Review of down-flowed engineering process requirements to ensure applicability to part type.
• Documentation and implementation, including training, of any new processes introduced. Implementation and monitoring of SPC methodologies into manufacturing.
• Establishment of 'lessons learned' evaluation of projects and implementation of such lessons into future programs. Development and refinement of manufacturing tools.
• Support for Cause and Corrective Action (C/CA) activities.
• Design of Experiments (DOE) activities for manufacturing efficiency and quality improvement. Validation and qualification of new equipment.
• Drawing review and approval
• Bachelor's in Material Science or related degree with 2+ years' experience, Master's degree with 0 years' experience
• Good communication and written skills.
• Relevant industry and composite experience will be considered
• Analytical approach to problem solving and data analysis
• US Citizenship
• Working knowledge of high performance carbon/epoxy and carbon composites systems, core materials, adhesives, surface treatment.
• Prior experience in an Aerospace or Space hardware manufacturing environment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering