Northrop Grumman Engineer Systems Test 2 in San Diego, California
Engineer Systems Test 2
Requisition ID: 18005264
Location(s): United States-California-San Diego
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems located in Melbourne, FL has an immediate opening for an Engineer Systems Test 2for the Global Hawk (GH) Foreign Military Sales (FMS) programs in San Diego.
This position is for 2nd shift weekends (Fri, Sat, Sun - 3 shifts x 10hrs, Full Pay)
- Candidate should have an understanding of systems design, development, implementation and testing of sub-systems.
- Individual will provide technical data products, knowledge and planning coordination for the System Test IPT in the execution of system level integration and test.
- Develop and publish Detailed Test Plan & Procedures, develop test schedules and lead sub-system planning and integration through the entire engineering life-cycle in assigned area of expertise.
- Lead Test Planning Working Groups. Interface with system design and analysis functions to develop test, test data and instrumentation requirements.
- Specify test article configurations and coordinate the integration of test requirements with system design engineers.
- Support testing with real-time systems monitoring and troubleshooting efforts to resolve system discrepancies.
- Identify test planning and schedule risks, issues, and/or constraints and help develop mitigation and closure plans.
This position requires technical knowledge of various Global Hawk systems, sub-systems, and specialized test equipment, and requires continuing interaction with responsible engineers and other engineer disciplines. The candidate must be results oriented and have good communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Candidate must be self-motivated to learn with the ability to work independent of other system experts by developing technical knowledge of various systems, sub-systems, and specialized test equipment. Strong communication skills are mandatory, as well as the ability to effectively interact with interdisciplinary and intra-company teams of engineers. The position will span the life-cycle of engineering from requirements analysis, system design, implementation, integration and test.
The position is based in Rancho Bernardo, CA, but will require travel to domestic company, customer & associate contractor locations.
BS Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline plus at least 2 years of Aircraft Engineering experience
At least 1 year of experience in lab and/or flight test operations
Active DoD Secret Clearance or higher
- Knowledge of Global Hawk systems preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Engineer Systems Test 2
Location: California-San Diego
Requisition ID: 18005264