Northrop Grumman Engineer Electromechanical 5 in San Diego, California
Engineer Electromechanical 5
Requisition ID: 18002261
Location(s): United States-California-San Diego
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
The Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Western Region Engineering, Manufacturing & Sciences (EM&S) organization requires a Principal Electromechanical Engineer with expertise in System Security, and current engagement with the Anti-Tamper/Information Assurance (AT/IA) community. The position will be located at the Avionics and Tactical Networks (A&TN) operating unit within the Communications Division. A&TN is located in the Rancho Carmel facility in San Diego, California. Our expertise is in delivering complex electronics equipment to enable modern battlefields and support airborne as well as ground missions. We are continually looking for top engineering and scientific personnel responsible for planning, organizing and directing engineering programs and activities of significant importance.
Product Team Lead, Technical Lead or Technical Cognizant Subcontract Engineer responsible for the successful development and delivery of a hardware item or system within the constraints established by the Project Plan and the customer’s systems specification. Has ultimate responsibility for the delivery of technically compliant work products within the resource, cost and schedule constraints established in the project’s Hardware Development Plan. Directs and statuses the work of engineering teams as well as that of support staff engaged in planning, project control, configuration management, and subcontract management activities. Shall be the focal point for customer interface, and shall be the design review coordinator and presenter. Shall have authority, delegated by the Program Manager, to make decisions and to deliver high quality products using the organization’s approved processes for the antenna, RF, digital, infrastructure, and test hardware products, including avionics modules, racks for airborne and ground mobile military applications. Perform mechanical design tasks and thermal/structural analyses. Support electrical-mechanical tradeoffs and physical verification and qualification testing for new designs. Mentor and lead junior engineers and interns.
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or a closely related engineering discipline with 14 years of experience in military mechanical/hardware design
• Shall have experience with electronics packaging design, including producibility constraints, solids modeling techniques, GD&T, corrosion control, EMI concerns, design for transport, and thermal/structural analysis methods.
• Shall have effective verbal and written communication skills, the ability to manage a multi-disciplinary engineering team, and the demonstrated ability to manage a project throughout the engineering life cycle.
• Shall be capable of developing a system in accordance with a system specification, and developing the necessary hardware and software requirements specifications.
• Shall have experience successfully leading a technical team to develop, qualify and deliver a specification compliant product or system within constraints of cost and schedule.
• Shall have experience with Class 1 and 2 change control and management.
• Shall have experience developing technical and cost proposals.
• Ability to obtain DoD Secret clearance and SAP/SAR.
• Experience with airborne and ground-mobile military electronics equipment.
• Understanding of Avionics Integrity Program (AVIP) requirements.
• Proficiency in the use of the CATIA V5, Patran/Nastran or Flotherm.
• Experience with aircraft integration and airborne environmental requirements analysis and verification, including qualification.
• Functional or project management experience.
• Active DoD Secret Clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visitwww.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Engineer Electromechanical 5
Location: California-San Diego
Requisition ID: 18002261