Northrop Grumman Sr. Principal UX/UI Design Engineer in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Sr. Principal UX/UI Design Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What You'll Get To Do:
The UX/UI Engineer will perform a wide range of engineering activities to provide leadership and guidance ensuring consistent and complete design thinking is incorporated for product and user needs. Skills applied include customer analysis, user and design research, product structure and strategy, content development, prototyping and wireframing, adaption to multiple devices, testing and iteration, coordination with developers, analysis and iteration.
In this role you will:
• Apply advanced experience in eliciting requirements and driving user-centered design approach for UX/UI solutions.
• Research, design, develop, and test displays, controls and functionality to ensure the user experience is optimized.
• Translate research data into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
• Work as part of a wider engineering team, bridging the gap between the user, the development team, and key business stakeholders.
• Define the information architecture, design system, design patterns, page layouts/templates, and user interface components for product development
• Develop adaptive and responsive UX/UI wireframes for applications
• Consider what's best for the user and the overall user experience while making sure that the product meets the needs of the business.
• Lead collaboration across multiple systems and software engineering teams to ensure UX/UI development requirements are met.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Bachelor's degree, with a major in Computer Science, Web Development, Human-Computer Interaction, Mobile Computing, Graphic Design, Software Engineering or a related field of study. Degree in a related field with 9 years of software experience or a Master's degree in a related field with 7 years of software experience and 4 years of software experienced with a PhD.
Experience in combined UX/UI with emphasis towards UX.
Experience in developing adaptive and responsive UX/UI solutions for software development applications.
Experience with the ability to lead in customer analysis, user and design research, product structure and strategy, content development, prototyping and wireframing, adaptation to multiple devices, testing and iteration, coordination with developers, analysis and iteration.
Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
Must have a current, active DoD Secret security (or higher) clearance (investigated in the last 6 years).
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
UI development for DoD applications.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering