At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Staff Systems Test Planning Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Sentinel - Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
What You ' ll Get To Do:
Functions of this role include:
• Develop executable detailed flight test plans for the program.
• Support the development of the flight test campaign test strategy of the program.
• Synthesize test requirements, verification requirements, test objectives, success criteria, and required resources for system level tests and demonstrations to support test plan development.
• Support the development of test requirements and detailed integration test plans, test information sheets (TIS), test procedures, test readiness reviews (TRRs), test data and test reports.
• Execution of qualification and acceptance testing per those requirements, plans and procedures.
• Develop test enabling product requirements (i.e…Mechanical Ground Support Equipment, Electrical Ground Support Equipment, test instrumentation, test facilities).
• Support the creation of test concept of operations (ConOps) flows that maximizes the utility of test resources while meeting schedule and technical requirements and/or constraints.
• Effectively communicate and present to project and program management, technical stakeholders, peers, and customers.
• Participate in internal and customer test planning working groups.
• Support program reviews and customer delivery contract data requirements list (CDRLs) development.
• Lead test planning campaigns through major program milestones and/or mission threads.
The successful applicant will:
• Determine tasking for yourself and others through consultation with peers and understanding of program needs
• Ability to develop, interpret, and apply system requirements
• Provide leadership for all phases of the system lifecycle including requirements creation and application, design, test, fabrication, and implementation
• Perform model validation through test and analysis
• Lead testing through all phases
• Create technical reports and present technical information
• Lead and mentor team members
• Act as a technical advisor to management
• Perform technical planning
• Identify technical risks
• Interface regularly with AF Customer
• Perform as high-level technical authority
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You ' ll Bring These Qualifications:
• 14 Years of related experience with Bachelors in Science; 12 Years with Masters; 9 Years with PhD. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years) with the ability to receive a Special Access Program (SAP) certification.
• Minimum 10 years of technical leadership experience
• Extensive knowledge in Detailed Test Planning
• MBSE knowledge in one or more of the following languages/frameworks: UML, SYSML, DoDAF
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) or related discipline with 12+ years of relatable work experience
• US Citizenship with an Active Top-Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years) with the ability to receive a Special Access Program (SAP) certification.
• Knowledge of test principles and processes
• Knowledge of Systems Engineering principles, DOORS database, requirements decomposition and allocation
• Understanding of Northrop Grumman test processes and tools
• Understanding of Model Based System Engineering principles, working experience with CAMEO
• Prior experience in missile program test planning, including detailed test plan development
• Experience with Agile
Salary Range: $126,100 - $189,100
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority . The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs