At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Software Quality Manager 2 . This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Sentinel program.
This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
What You'll Get To Do:
• Provide the leadership necessary to ensure a keen focus on 1st time quality and quality early in the software engineering life cycle
• Manage a high performing technical team of Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Engineers, in support of the Sentinel program
• Team and collaborate closely with stakeholders, including Mission Assurance Director, MA team members, Program Managers, Systems Engineering, Software Development, and IPT Leads, and others to enable program mission success.
• Ensure the development and implementation of robust SQA Plans and Schedules.
• Facilitate outstanding and timely execution of SQA activities, requirements traceability, product reviews, peer reviews, process excellence, test excellence, non-conformance control, metrics and reporting.
• Provide senior technical oversight for issue/problem resolution activities, root cause analysis and preventive/corrective action implementation.
• Lead and participate in the continuous improvement of SQA command media, procedures, work instructions, tools, metrics, and training materials.
• Refine best practices and expand program cross sharing to elevate program performance and growth.
• Perform analysis and trending of SW metrics
• Hire and retain top talent to meet program SQA staffing requirements and affordability challenges while managing direct and indirect budgets.
• Conduct employee performance management and development reviews, provide technical oversight, and encourage employee engagement.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree and 6+ years of relevant professional experience in Software, Software Quality, Mission Assurance or an additional 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree
1 year experience leading a project (Agile preferred) including driving performance against schedule.
Active DoD Secret clearance renewed within the last 5 years
U.S. Citizenship eligible for Special Access Program Clearance
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
Active Top Secret Clearance.
1+ years of experience Agile Software Development methodology
1+ formal lead/management position
Experience in CMMI and AS9100 appraisals and process area audits
Experience with Doors, Crucible/JIRA/Confluence
Experience with Software change management
Experience with Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
Salary Range: $119,300 - $178,900
The above salary range represents a general guideline; however, Northrop Grumman considers a number of factors when determining base salary offers such as the scope and responsibilities of the position and the candidate's experience, education, skills and current market conditions.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The application period for the job is estimated to be 20 days from the job posting date. However, this timeline may be shortened or extended depending on business needs and the availability of qualified candidates.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.