At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking Launch Support System Software Manager 2 - 2835-1 . This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Sentinel program.
This individual's role will focus on providing element-wide guidance on the development of software for the Launch Support System. This individual will serve as a critical interface point between systems engineers operating at the highest weapon-system level, and those working on the design, development, test, and operations of the LSS Software.
What You'll Get to Do:
• Develop, and document Software Specifications and Verification Methodology.
• Oversee the development, deployment, test, and operations of all LSS Software.
• Support development and document system level function models and decompositions within model base systems engineering tool suites.
• Participate in technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for system.
• Review and evaluate test requirements to ensure completeness and compliance of the test program.
• Support all phases of the systems lifecycle including concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance, and disposal.
• Interface with internal and external customers.
• Manage Control Accounts within assigned scope and budget.
Manager duties to include:
• Demonstrate sound metrics management and the ability to effectively communicate complex technical issues and solutions. A successful track record of program performance, interpersonal team building skills, and cross-functional management experience is highly desired.
• Responsible for assessing staffing needs, current as well as projected and working with the respective team leads to address those needs.
• Work with the program software manager and leads in establishing personal program and functional goals as well as performing performance evaluations and merit adjustments for subordinates.
• Partner with engineering and program management peers to assure a balanced and efficient assignment of resources to support and achieve key mission priorities
• Coach, support, train, and motivate team members to ensure a high level of performance.
• Collaborate with peers and direct management in resource planning and hiring activities.
• Work with Atlassian application suite and other pipeline tools as needed.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution with minimum 6 years of experience; Masters with minimum 4 years of experience; an additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Active DoD Secret clearance with a reinvestigation date occurring in the last 6 years.
US Citizenship and ability to obtain Special Program Access (SAP)
At least 1 year experience leading a project and/or driving performance against schedule.
1+ years leading a team, including mentoring and coaching.
2+ years' experience with phases of the software development life cycle and Agile software development.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
Strong experience leading teams and training others.
Experience with individual contributor performance assessments.
Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
Strong critical thinking and logical reasoning skills with the ability to solve issues and predict potential programmatic and technical risks.
Operates independently with limited to no supervision, and the ability to establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, peers, and customers.
Able to assimilate information from multiple sources, create coherent plans and then execute those plans.
Salary Range: $127,700 - $191,500
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority . The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs