At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking an Air Vehicle Equipment Integration and Test (I&T) Manager 2 . This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Sentinel - Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD ) program. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
What You'll Get To Do:
In this position, the AVE I&T Manager 2 will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Integration, Assembly, Test and Checkout - Execute the overall test and checkout and delivery of the missile to include requirements, test planning, test execution of all Ground Test and Flight Test Missiles and Product Support Equipment required. Lead the test execution team in the development of test plan and procedure documentation, and assembly and checkout procedures and executing to that documentation.
• Customer Interface Management - Will at times interface with the US Government customer through Test Readiness Reviews and Integration Readiness Reviews and will participate in working groups and teams that support flight systems test events.
• System Architecture and Verification Planning - Help support the design and development of requirements verification decisions within the system architecture in coordination with systems engineering and Integrated Product Teams (IPTs).
• Design Change Impact Assessment - Ensure that approved design changes in hardware and software are compatible with existing components and subsystems, particularly for efforts requiring the support of more than one engineering discipline, through test and integration.
• Multi-disciplinary Interface Management - Develop comprehensive design and interface requirements to support the verification effort, ensuring cross-functional communication.
• Requirements-based Testing and TLYF Management - Ensure program master test plans, integration concepts and integration flows developed by the Integrated Operations Team are constructed in a Test Like You Fly manner and verified.
• Data Review Management - Lead the process and review products for formal data review and hold the engineering teams accountable for objective, efficient and timely review of test data.
• Employee Management - Oversee the performance, progression and mentoring of the Integration, Assembly, Test and Checkout engineers on the team. Authority to manage personnel and direct activities required to accomplish the statement of work.
• Risk Management - Facilitate and own the risk management process and review board for test execution in coordination with the Missile Integration and Test Director and corresponding Flight Systems Risk Manager.
• Schedule and Cost Reporting Management - Accountable for timely EV cost and schedule status and reporting to upper level management to support program management reviews.
25-50% travel at times, depending upon current phase of the program and operations. Since we are the AVE IATC team, we sit in the Roy Utah offices, but we have to travel up to Promontory to actually build the missile/air vehicle up. All build and test operations are conducted in our Sentinel buildings in Promontory, therefore during test execution for weeks at a time we will be having test engineers conduct the vehicle build/integration/checkout tests with our technicians up there. Later in the program, there will need to be travel to Vandenberg SFB in California to support missile handoff to system test team and the customer.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
• Bachelors Degree and 6 years of related experience or Masters Degree and 4 years of related experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years) with the ability to receive a Special Access Program (SAP) certification.
• At least 1 year experience leading a project and/or driving performance against schedule.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) field of study
6 years of experience supporting US Government contracts and customers and/or project management in other industries.
US Citizenship with an Active Top-Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years) with the ability to receive a Special Access Program (SAP) certification.
Previous ICBM experience a plus
Knowledge and experience using CAMEO and/or Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) Principles.
Experience using DOORS Requirements Management Database
Experience working in an AGILE environment using software management tools such as JIRA & CONFLUENCE
Demonstrated success leading teams and/or organizations to achieve a common goal
Knowledge of system integration and test principles and test plan development at any level of build (unit, sub-system, system, etc.)
Experience with systems engineering and integrated test logic a plus
Salary Range: $116,200 - $174,400
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority . The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs