Northrop Grumman Senior Support Product Engineer in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career generating and maturing innovative, trusted, and affordable advanced concepts and technologies that fulfill our nation's strategic deterrence needs allowing for the capture of, and low risk transition to, new development and upgrade programs. Northrop Grumman Space Sector Strategic Deterrent Systems Advanced Programs has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in the future of a national strength that has kept the world without global conflict for seven decades and counting. With us, you'll discover a culture of innovation, corporate and partner collaboration, and commitment to mission that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our Strategic Deterrent Systems cross generations and keep our nation strong and world safe 24/7/365 in an evolving global environment.
Northrop Grumman Space Sector Strategic Deterrent Systems Division is seeking a Senior Support Product Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT or Huntsville, AL and will support the Advanced Programs organization. This position will be responsible for providing conceptual and preliminary design support to all Advanced Programs activities in the areas of design for reliability, availability, and maintainability (RAM) as well as peculiar support equipment including items such as transportation vehicles. The position reports to the lead of Advanced Programs Product Support Organization and interfaces with other Advanced Programs Core Organization members. The Advanced Programs Support Product core organization is envisioned to provide RAM guidance, operations and support concepts, and support equipment including aspects of ground and airborne transportation systems, and interface/integration with other segments/elements of a weapon system (e.g. vehicle, payload, command and control, launch equipment, etc.).
What you'll get to do:
• Provide technical contributions to a growing Advanced Programs team of designers, logisticians, and analysts focused on RAM and support equipment for conceptual and preliminary design and technology maturation for obsolescence and capability upgrades to existing deterrent systems such as Minuteman III and Ground Based Strategic Deterrent as well as new advanced concepts for future deterrence needs in the areas of ballistic and cruise missiles, nuclear command, control, and communication, and support systems/subsystems such as cyberdefense, security, decision aides, etc.
• Contribute to projects in RAM/Support/Sustainment trade studies, architecture development, and system engineering to including RAM design influence to produce credible conceptual and preliminary weapon system designs that meet potential customers' performance, cost, schedule, and risk thresholds while informing them of the surrounding design space for capability considerations, especially capability versus life cycle cost versus technical availability date.
• Contribute to identification, assessment, and tracking of RAM/Support/Sustainment technology roadmap and associated existing or developing support system capability gaps to feed Advanced Programs technology development and conceptual design process.
• Lead conceptual and preliminary design of advanced transportation vehicle concepts.
• Demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business
• Operate in an advanced design environment and collaborate across the Space Sector Divisions and other Sectors as required to accomplish the team goals
• Conceptualize and mature new business for growth of the Division
• Transition innovative solutions, technologies, and advanced concepts for US strategic deterrence interests to programs of record for product development and fielding.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Sector, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position may have a 9/80 work schedule available. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off as the mission allows.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline and 9 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree
• Experience with DoD weapon system support system conceptual and preliminary design, particularly related to design analysis cycles, cost versus capability trade studies, and multi-design discipline integration
• Experience with ballistic missile, cruise missile, and/or weapon support system design
• Experience with digital design, model based engineering, and modeling and simulation tools and processes
• Experience with ground transportation vehicles
• Active Top Secret DoD Security Clearance with a periodic reinvestigation closed within last five years
• Excellent technical writing skills
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills required to work closely with both internal staff and external customers and partners
• Experience with nuclear hardened strategic systems
• Experience with detailed design and engineering and manufacturing development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering