At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman's Space Systems organization is seeking a Supplier Management Team Lead (SMT)- Electronics Engineering Manager 2 . This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Sentinel (GBSD) program.
This position may require occasional travel to Northrop Grumman and Government locations within the United States.
As the SMT Lead, you will lead a dynamic cross functional team managing major supplier efforts by providing Program Management leadership, technical leadership, and direction in support of multi-million-dollar projects. The SMT includes contributors from multiple organizations:
• SMT Program Manager (Team Lead)
• Global Supply Chain (GSC)
• Mission Assurance (MA)
• Business Management
• Various support functions.
The SMT Lead, must possess the following competencies:
• Identifies and controls all subcontract management activities and processes while integrating supplier interdependencies throughout the program's life cycle
• Applies knowledge, insights, and understanding of business and/or financial concepts, tools, and processes to support Subcontract decisions, actions, and performance corrections
• Fosters collaboration among team members and between teams
• Identifies and addresses subcontract impacts through a proactive systematic approach
• Promptly resolves conflicts across all levels of the subcontract.
• Supports and monitors technical performance baselines, while compare key subcontract technical performance measures, assesses execution status, and takes appropriate action to maintain conformance with the baseline
• Understands elements of the Design, Manufacturing, Assembly, Integration and Test processes
• Identifies and addresses impacts through a systematic and proactive approach to Risk and Opportunity Management
• Communicates, monitors, and promptly resolves issues across all functional elements within the SMT, including the supplier
• Manages and balances communications with stakeholders through organized and disciplined processes ensuring that Subcontract information is defined, collected, shared, understood, stored, and retrieved in a manner that effectively meets Subcontract and stakeholder needs while protecting the company's contractual rights
• Effectively manages/administrates subcontracts through a broad set of skills, toolsets, processes, and government regulations
• Addresses subcontract uncertainty through an organized and analytical forward-looking approach identifying risks and opportunities, determines appropriate handling, manages, and communicates risks and opportunities throughout the life cycle of the Subcontract
• Effectively plans, defines, establishes, communicates, monitors, and controls scope to ensure that all of the work required and only the work required, is performed.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Addresses subcontract uncertainty through an organized and analytical forward-looking approach that identifies risks and opportunities, determines appropriate handling, manages, and communicates risks and opportunities throughout the life cycle of the Subcontract.
• Oversee and provide financial control and maintenance of budgets including EVMS metrics (specifically IPMDAR evaluation and reviewing leading/lagging metrics and how they can be applied to performance management) and Variance Explanations as a Control Account Manager for your supplier
• Effectively plans, defines, establishes, communicates, monitors and controls scope by establishing and controlling changes to the Subcontract Baseline
• Analyzes changes to balance technical, cost, schedule, quality requirements and develops alternatives that address program needs and expectations
• Prepares higher level management briefings and develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and tools for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and customers.
• Manages labor and material dollars across multiple contracts for Support Equipment EVMS weekly and monthly deliverables.
• Prepares and manages schedules and prepares status reports on the health of the projects
• Interprets schedules from suppliers to understand impact on program schedule and milestones
• Key leader in developing and reviewing Supplier Statements of Work (SSOWs)
• Develops and maintains Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
• Reviews supplier proposal responses, including performing technical evaluations, reviewing supplier Basis of Estimates (BOEs), overall proposal quality reviews, and attending proposal related reviews
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Active DoD Secret Clearance or greater.
Bachelor's degree in STEM with 6 years related experience or a Masters degree in STEM and 4 years related experience.
At least 1 year experience leading a project and/or driving performance against schedule
1 year Experience supporting U.S. Government contracts and/or large supplier management portfolio experience in other industries
2 years experience Financial experience in EVMS or similar cost and schedule management systems
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
Advance degrees and/or certifications is a plus.
Demonstrated understanding of Lean, Agile or Six Sigma Tools
Experience with specific tools available for Subcontract management associated with the terms and conditions of the Subcontract (Award Fee/incentive fee flow downs, supplier assessment/evaluation, Corrective Action Requests, Letters of Concern, etc.)
Proficiency in driving programmatic battle rhythm
• Customer-focused mindset with proven leadership skills and excellent communication skills. • Project / Program Management skills (proposal creation, scheduling, budget tracking) • Proven ability to deliver effective communication verbally, written, and through well-crafted presentations across all levels of an organization. • Ability to demonstrate independent creative thinking and problem-solving capabilities. • 2 years experience managing multiple projects concurrently in meeting customer requirements/expectations. • Experience managing a Program effort or Major Subcontract (in either a supply chain, SMT, or program/project management role)
Salary Range: $116,200 - $174,400
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority . The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs