At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Program Manager 2 . This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Advanced Programs Business Unit. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
What you'll get to do:
The Advanced Programs Manager 2 will be responsible for leading a team through the design, integration, and testing of project(s). This position will also be responsible for managing cost, schedule, technical statement of work, as well as developing the pertinent strategic roadmap and interfacing with customer counterparts. Roles include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide technical and managerial leadership and excellence oversight for a growing Advanced Programs team of designers and analysts focused on conceptual design and technology maturation
• Lead various Advanced Programs projects in trade studies, architecture development, and systems engineering to produce credible conceptual and preliminary designs that meet potential customers' performance, cost, schedule, and risk thresholds while informing them of the surrounding design space for capability considerations, especially capability versus life cycle cost versus technical availability date
• Lead identification, assessment, and tracking of relevant technology roadmap and associated existing or developing vehicle system capability gaps to feed Advanced Programs technology development and conceptual design process
• Support future Advanced Programs and Division team engagement activities, technical staff performance and goal evaluation, and recruiting/hiring support
• Demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business
• Operate in an advanced design environment and collaborate across the Space Sector Divisions and other Sectors as required to accomplish team goals
• Work closely with the Advanced Programs project leads and other core organization leads in defining, growing, and executing the organization's people and business
• Conceptualize, mature, and capture new business for growth of the Division
• Transition innovative solutions, technologies, and advanced concepts for US strategic deterrence interests to programs of record for product development and fielding
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80A. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You'll bring these qualifications:
Bachelor's degree with of 6 years related experience
2 years of experience with DoD weapon system conceptual and preliminary design, particularly related to design analysis cycles, cost versus capability trade studies, and multi-design discipline integration
2 years of experience with ballistic missile, cruise missile, and/or weapon design to include vehicle, payload, command and control, ground systems, and support systems
2 years of experience with digital design, model based engineering, and modeling and simulation tools and processes
A minimum of 1 year providing technical leadership of an engineering team
U.S. Citizenship and an active Secret DoD Security Clearance with a periodic reinvestigation closed within last five years
These qualifications would be nice to have:
Bachelor's of Science degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
Experience with nuclear hardening strategic systems
Experience with detailed design and engineering and manufacturing development
Experience with performance analysis balancing propulsion, aerodynamics, G&C, mass properties, etc. with speed, range, payload, etc. objectives/requirements
Excellent technical writing skills
Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills required to work closely with both internal staff and external customers and partners
Salary Range: $127,700 - $191,500
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority . The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs