Northrop Grumman Northrop Grumman (DoD SkillBridge) - GBSD Software Development Analyst/Application Administrator in Roy, Utah
As one of the largest global security companies in the world, Northrop Grumman is proud to help our nation's military personnel make the transition to civilian careers. Approximately 1/4th of Northrop Grumman's 90,000 employees self-identify as veterans, and more than 1,600 are reservists.
The Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program (NG-MIP) is an approved SkillBridge Program under Dept. of Defense Instruction 1322.29. The NG-MIP program is an opportunity for transitioning service members to gain valuable civilian work experience through an individual internship during their last 6 months of service, for up to 180 days. The Northrop Grumman Military internship Program is open to all ranks and experience levels. SkillBridge participants are not eligible for compensation from Northrop Grumman, as they continue to receive military compensation and benefits as active-duty service members.
Responsibilities for this internship position are:
Northrop Grumman Corporation (NGC) has developed the Northrop Grumman - Military Internship Program (DoD SKillbridge) utilizing the DoDI guidance for Skillbridge. During this program the service member will be on-site at his or her host company performing an individual internship in an entry to mid-level career type role. The service member will be on the job training supporting a work schedule equivalent to 40hrs per week. Outlined below are the Goals, Objectives, and Outcomes for the program.
Goals - Provide transitioning service members fellowship-style job skills training during the last portion(s) of their military commitment. This program is specifically designed to offer internships that result in the potential to transition to a full-time opportunity as the conclusion of the training. Interns will serve as a pipeline for high-speed, motivated military candidates into NGC.
Objectives - Service Members who complete the Intern program will be highly-trained, capable, future employees that align to the specific needs of the organization and are prepared to meet the NG mission "Defining Possible" on Day 1. This program provides a comprehensive internship experience including professional development, networking with leadership, and training specifically focused on NG leadership principles, company history, customer/stakeholder engagement, product and service overview, and core job responsibilities.
Outcome - Offer transitioning service member a rewarding opportunity to join the Northrop Grumman team.
DoD SkillBridge Eligibility:
•Has served at least 180 days on active duty
•Is within 12 months of separation or retirement
•Will receive an honorable discharge
•Has taken any service TAPS/TGPS
•Has attended or participated in an ethics brief within the last 12 months
•Received Unit Commander (first O-4/Field Grade commander in chain of command) written authorization and approval to participate in DoD SkillBridge Program prior to start of internship.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking Software Development Analysts/Application Administrators. These positions will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• System Administration for various Enterprise Applications
• Works closely with System Administrator/team to develop, install, test, and configure Enterprise Applications
• Installs server and client modules and performs upgrades and patches across multiple domains
• Ensure applications are implemented properly and operate smoothly
• Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of Primavera and/or Cobra software
• Coordinate with System Administrator for upgrades, licenses, and end user set-up
• Provide appropriate rights to the application administrator
• Implements vision and direction for proactive monitoring, automation, virtualization, and configuration of Enterprise Applications
• Knowledge and understanding of database concepts and designs (both SQL server and Oracle)
• Ability to provide troubleshooting, provide recommendations, interface with technical support and resolve user customer concerns
• Maintain security policy to protect project data from unauthorized access
• Ability to work with large complex systems and solve large complex issues
• Configure and Maintain access/single sign access to Enterprise Applications
• Assists with other duties as needed - migrating data from legacy systems, validating data integrity, standing up new programs
Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 Years of related experience; Master Degree and 3 years; or Ph.D. and 0 years . Four years of additional related experience may be substituted in lieu of a completed degree
• US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 5 years) and the ability to be cleared to special access programs
• Knowledge of WebLogic
• Ability to receive unit Command approval
• Flexibility to work outside normal work hours
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Knowledge of the Primavera planning application
• Knowledge of the Cobra Earned Value application
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good project management skills.
• Ability to work in fast paced environment.
• Willingness to work after hours and weekends as required
• Knowledge of the following applications: Cobra Earned Value application, Primavera planning application, Plant Simulation, DFMPro for NX, Teamcenter Unified (TcU), Femap, BCT Inspector, Tableau Desktop, Abaqus, Altair, NX Nastran, Artifactory, PrimeTime, Mentor Graphics, SoftConsole, Confluence, Ansible, Crucible, BitBucket, JIRA, Jenkins, SpiraTest, Revit, THORN, Gitlab, TestStand Development Environment.
• Received Unit Commander's approval to participate in DoD SkillBridge
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology