Northrop Grumman Northrop Grumman (DoD SkillBridge) - GBSD Network Adminstrator in Roy, Utah
As one of the largest global security companies in the world, Northrop Grumman is proud to help our nation's military personnel make the transition to civilian careers. Approximately 1/4th of Northrop Grumman's 90,000 employees self-identify as veterans, and more than 1,600 are reservists.
The Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program (NG-MIP) is an approved SkillBridge Program under Dept. of Defense Instruction 1322.29. The NG-MIP program is an opportunity for transitioning service members to gain valuable civilian work experience through an individual internship during their last 6 months of service, for up to 180 days. The Northrop Grumman Military internship Program is open to all ranks and experience levels. SkillBridge participants are not eligible for compensation from Northrop Grumman, as they continue to receive military compensation and benefits as active-duty service members.
Responsibilities for this internship position are:
Northrop Grumman Corporation (NGC) has developed the Northrop Grumman - Military Internship Program (DoD SKillbridge) utilizing the DoDI guidance for Skillbridge. During this program the service member will be on-site at his or her host company performing an individual internship in an entry to mid-level career type role. The service member will be on the job training supporting a work schedule equivalent to 40hrs per week. Outlined below are the Goals, Objectives, and Outcomes for the program.
Goals - Provide transitioning service members fellowship-style job skills training during the last portion(s) of their military commitment. This program is specifically designed to offer internships that result in the potential to transition to a full-time opportunity as the conclusion of the training. Interns will serve as a pipeline for high-speed, motivated military candidates into NGC.
Objectives - Service Members who complete the Intern program will be highly-trained, capable, future employees that align to the specific needs of the organization and are prepared to meet the NG mission "Defining Possible" on Day 1. This program provides a comprehensive internship experience including professional development, networking with leadership, and training specifically focused on NG leadership principles, company history, customer/stakeholder engagement, product and service overview, and core job responsibilities.
Outcome - Offer transitioning service member a rewarding opportunity to join the Northrop Grumman team.
DoD SkillBridge Eligibility:
•Has served at least 180 days on active duty
•Is within 12 months of separation or retirement
•Will receive an honorable discharge
•Has taken any service TAPS/TGPS
•Has attended or participated in an ethics brief within the last 12 months
•Received Unit Commander (first O-4/Field Grade commander in chain of command) written authorization and approval to participate in DoD SkillBridge Program prior to start of internship.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Network Administrators to join our team in defining the future. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What You'll Get To Do:
• Maintains smooth operation of local area, world wide and virtual private networks (VPN).
• Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network.
• Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
• May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings.
• Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions.
• Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems.
• May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment.
• May design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages.
• Complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field.
• General knowledge of other related disciplines.
• Provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment with engineering users, other network administrators, system administrators and computer/facility organizations. Multi-tasking with good communication skills; both verbal and written are a must.
Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 Years of related experience; Master Degree and 3 years; or Ph.D. and 0 years . Four years of additional related experience may be substituted in lieu of a completed degree
• US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 5 years) and the ability to be cleared to special access programs
• DoD 8570 training and certifications (Cisco and Security+ certification) or ability to obtain certifications within 6-months
• Knowledge of TCP/IP
• Knowledge of LAN concepts such as VLANs, trunking, and spanning-tree
• Knowledge of IP addressing design and subnets
• Knowledge of Cisco hardware.
• Ability to receive unit Command approval
• Flexibility to work outside normal work hours
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Received Unit Commander's approval to participate in DoD SkillBridge
• Experience using test equipment such as protocol analyzers and cable test sets.
• Knowledge of government grade encryption gear such as (TACLANES).
• Knowledge of classified network design is a plus.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good project management skills.
• Ability to work in fast paced environment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology