Northrop Grumman Northrop Grumman (DoD Skillbridge) - GBSD Electrical Engineering Applications Support Analyst in Roy, Utah
As one of the largest global security companies in the world, Northrop Grumman is proud to help our nation's military personnel make the transition to civilian careers. Approximately 1/4th of Northrop Grumman's 90,000 employees self-identify as veterans, and more than 1,600 are reservists.
The Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program (NG-MIP) is an approved SkillBridge Program under Dept. of Defense Instruction 1322.29. The NG-MIP program is an opportunity for transitioning service members to gain valuable civilian work experience through an individual internship during their last 6 months of service, for up to 180 days. The Northrop Grumman Military internship Program is open to all ranks and experience levels. SkillBridge participants are not eligible for compensation from Northrop Grumman, as they continue to receive military compensation and benefits as active-duty service members.
Responsibilities for this internship position are:
Northrop Grumman Corporation (NGC) has developed the Northrop Grumman - Military Internship Program (DoD SKillbridge) utilizing the DoDI guidance for Skillbridge. During this program the service member will be on-site at his or her host company performing an individual internship in an entry to mid-level career type role. The service member will be on the job training supporting a work schedule equivalent to 40hrs per week. Outlined below are the Goals, Objectives, and Outcomes for the program.
Goals - Provide transitioning service members fellowship-style job skills training during the last portion(s) of their military commitment. This program is specifically designed to offer internships that result in the potential to transition to a full-time opportunity as the conclusion of the training. Interns will serve as a pipeline for high-speed, motivated military candidates into NGC.
Objectives - Service Members who complete the Intern program will be highly-trained, capable, future employees that align to the specific needs of the organization and are prepared to meet the NG mission "Defining Possible" on Day 1. This program provides a comprehensive internship experience including professional development, networking with leadership, and training specifically focused on NG leadership principles, company history, customer/stakeholder engagement, product and service overview, and core job responsibilities.
Outcome - Offer transitioning service member a rewarding opportunity to join the Northrop Grumman team.
DoD SkillBridge Eligibility:
•Has served at least 180 days on active duty
•Is within 12 months of separation or retirement
•Will receive an honorable discharge
•Has taken any service TAPS/TGPS
•Has attended or participated in an ethics brief within the last 12 months
•Received Unit Commander (first O-4/Field Grade commander in chain of command) written authorization and approval to participate in DoD SkillBridge Program prior to start of internship.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking an Electrical Engineering Applications Support Analyst . This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What You'll Get To Do:
The position will deploy, support, customize and maintain the suite of commercial applications used by electrical engineering including Cadence, Keysight, Ansys tool suites, and RF/Antenna tools among others.
Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software. Involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards. Evaluates interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system. Documents testing and maintenance of system corrections.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• End-user support of electrical engineering software
• Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contact
• Requirements definition and planning
• Server configuration
• Client S/W installation
• Documentation of testing and maintenance of systems
• License management
• Trouble ticket resolution
Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
• 2 years minimum relevant experience with a Bachelor's of Science degree. Appropriate combination of experience and education can be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
• US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 5 years)
• Familiarity with Engineering application support, development and maintenance.
• Experience with desktop, client/server and web architecture end-user support and incident resolution.
• Ability to receive unit Command approval
• Flexibility to work outside normal work hours
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Received Unit Commander's approval to participate in DoD SkillBridge
• Possess current CompTIA Security+ certification
• Familiarity with the functions, processes, and capabilities of the Engineering tools as they apply to electrical product development cycles.
SQL/Oracle Database experience
• Ability to administer applications on various OS's - Windows and Linux
• Able to apply engineering techniques and analytical methods to make recommendations for improvements and provide information and assistance to end-users.
• Work effectively within teams where other team members may be located throughout the country.
• Influence others to action who are not direct reports.
• Ability to support multiple projects concurrently based on priority and criticality.
• Self-starter with the ability to independently resolve issues and deliver results.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Have experience in electrical design software tools, such as: Mentor Graphics, Cadence, Ansys, and Synopsys, Keysight.
• Have a software background either as a developer or as an administrator
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology