Northrop Grumman MBSE Engineer in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a MBSE Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What You'll Get To Do:
"This position will support the Architecture and Interface team for the Command and Launch (C&L) Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team who is responsible for the Command and Launch Segment architecture design.
• Responsible for cross-coordination of architecture modeling and MBSE products with digital engineering design
• Ensures compatibility and cohesiveness of digital design tools (CAD, etc.) and architecture modeling. Supports integrated deliveries and coordinates across Design IPTs for common implementation and approach.
• Support MBSE strategy and implementation over the various Architecture Model
• Coordinate with integrated product teams for establishing content within the architecture
• Define and execute model integration processes, tools, and technique.
• Develop descriptive system models to include physical/functional block diagrams at various abstraction layers to support Model-Based Engineering (MBE) and Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) efforts. SysML, UML or other descriptive constructs/tools may be used.
• Create new and adapt existing models, methods, and analysis capabilities to conduct studies to support the design, development, and assessment of advanced system design concepts and technologies.
• Ensure performance capabilities of new systems and architectures are consistent with mission requirements; develop mission relevant scenarios; assess operational effectiveness of existing and emerging systems and capabilities in representative operational environments.
• Work within multi-disciplined teams to architect, model, simulate, and analyze systems to predict/verify system performance against functional/capability requirements.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
• A Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) discipline and 2 years of experience; 0 years with Master's Degree;
•Experience in Aerospace and/or System Engineering
• Active DoD Secret security clearance with an investigation date within the last 6 years
• Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain specific program access
Previous Systems Engineering experience and understanding of the systems engineering V
• Experience using tools to model large systems with multiple developers.
• Experience in the military aerospace development environment is preferred.
• Experience with weapon systems
• Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
• Experience with Agile Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering