Northrop Grumman Manager Material Distribution 2 in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Space Systems', Strategic Deterrent Systems is seeking a Manager Material Distribution 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located in Roy, UT.
What You'll Get To Do:
Manage a segment of a program or a function.
Responsible for the direct supervision/management of the staff.
Responsible for providing objective-oriented direction to subordinates utilizing management guidelines & general policies.
Plan and program performance addressing cost, schedule, technical performance, and quality of a work package, subsystem, or related group of work packages on a large system development-type contract or full responsibility for all aspects of program performance on a large delivery order or mid-size technical services-type contract.
Oversees projects and task assigned to the organizational group performed by non-exempt and/or exempt employees.
Becomes involved only when required to assist in meeting schedules or to resolve technical or operational problems. May accomplish results through lower level supervisor or exempt employees.
Executes department procedures that typically affect individual employees within own department. Policy management: Interprets and executes policies and procedures that typically affect subordinate organizational units. Recommends modifications to operating policies.
Ensures that projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
Accomplishes results through lower-level subordinate supervisors or through experienced exempt employees who exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments. Often head a centralized functional activity.
Functions as an advisor to unit regarding tasks, projects, and operations. Becomes actively involved in daily operations only when required to meet schedules or to resolve complex problems.
Frequent contacts with internal personnel and outside customer representatives at various management levels concerning operations or scheduling or specific phases of projects or contracts. Conducts briefings and participates in technical meetings for internal external representatives concerning specifics operations.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience.
• Experience leading a team, projects, and processes; ability to lead and motivate others to mentor and ensure others meet complex objectives.
• Proficiency in SAP enterprise resource planning software.
• Extensive experience in inventory control, stock transfer, and movement of items through the supply chain infrastructure.
• Extensive knowledge of storing and managing inventory with shelf-life requirements and tight environmental controls.
• Ability to work across disciplines to influence change to improve operational efficiency
• Experience supporting complex shipping and logistical requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to lead safety initiatives to drive a culture of a safety first environment.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Master's Degree in a Supply Chain Management.
• In-depth knowledge/experience managing kitting requirements.
• Active DOD Secret Clearance within the last 5 years.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Global Supply Chain