Northrop Grumman Manager, Information Technology 3 in Roy, Utah
Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services (NGES). As a part of the NGES Team, you will work with experts throughout the enterprise that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career. Learn more about the GBSD (Ground Based Strategic Deterrent) program here.
The Enterprise Services GBSD project management office is seeking a Manager to lead the IT Development and Security team located in Roy, UT, with reach across the country. The successful candidate will build IT teams and create an inclusive culture in a geographically diverse environment.
The selected individual will be the liaison between unit and customer senior management to ensure alignment of information services' directions and business requirements. He/she will effectively interact with members of the information systems leadership team to optimize strategies in support of customers goals and objectives. Additionally, the incumbent will provide leadership over information systems activities in support of customers' strategy development, budget and cost management, proposal development, product and service acquisition and delivery, teaming relationships and communication activities thereby ensuring timely and cost effective delivery, and customer satisfaction. Information services may include the design, development, and analysis encompassing one or more of the following areas of technical expertise: programming, PC application analysis, software development, systems integration, and related disciplines.
The selected candidate will also be responsible for the following:
• Direct and lead capability development and security operations, strategy, delivery, and improvement in the areas of: project management, cyber security, information security, mission assurance, asset management, and procurement
• Accountable for risk and opportunity management
• Leads planning, forecasting, and delivery of ES staffing in support of GBSD
• Determines and establishes organizational structures and supervisory relationships.
• Develop and set budgets, schedules, and performance standards to meet company goals
• Conducts briefings for top management and customer representatives. Interacts with peers on significant matters concerning attainment of company goals.
• Interfaces with various business partner leaders to gather and develop requirements.
• Lead a team of 50+ employees located across the United States, majority located in Roy, UT
• Interact with internal key executive and customers on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations and provide guidance and oversight to the employees in support of key deliverables
• Establish relationships with suppliers; deploy effective metrics; and continually improve the value of service to the corporation and reduce cost
• Develop and establish organizational procedures and policies to continually improve the operation
The successful candidate will:
• Establish an inclusive culture within a geographically diverse environment,
• Be entrepreneurial, a self-starter, and champion for productive disruption
• Be customer-focused with proven leadership and excellent communication skills
• Be a change champion, and lead activities on our cloud and client infrastructure changes and improvements
• Provide innovative solutions that create strategic value to our customers
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our, Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video:
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 12 years of experience in IT environments; Master Degree and 10 years; or Ph.D. and 7 years. (Appropriate combination of relevant, exempt level experience and education may be considered in lieu of the Bachelor's degree requirement)
• Prior IT infrastructure administration experience
• Demonstrated leadership mindset, flexibility, judgment, decision-making skills, and business acumen
• Must have a strong commitment and ability to work cooperatively in a team environment to include working after hours and weekends as needed
• Must have current active DoD Secret clearance
• Must be able to obtain, and maintain, access to Special Programs
• US citizenship is required in order to maintain security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Previous experience in a technical environment such as IT, Engineering, Program/Project Management, Cloud, Network Architecture design and Implementation or Client Infrastructure (e.g. VDI)
• Previous Data Center Management Experience
• Successful management of geographically diverse technical groups servicing multiple customers
• Active DoD Top Secret security clearance
• A high level of confidence, integrity, and hands on approach to problem solving
• Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communications skills, as well as project management, analytical, planning, presentation and human relations' skills are required
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology