Northrop Grumman GBSD - System Test Chief Engineer Manager 3 in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Chief Engineer for the Systems Test Team. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
What you will get to do:
The successful applicant will demonstrate technical knowledge and practical experience testing strategic weapons systems from the element to the system level including flight testing. Additionally, hey will engage in multiple aspects of ICBM design, integration and test activities to include test and mission objective planning, design and build of support facilities, test instrumentation, digital transformation and modeling, and hardware and software verification and validation. Leadership and communication skills are critical in this role to help drive issues to closure, provide clear insight to leadership and maintain program schedule. Incorporating Agile concepts across multiple fields including software, product development and integration and test is required. Familiarity with ballistic weapons system software development, avionics integration laboratories, flight test, and associated data analysis is a plus. The selected candidate will be responsible for technical oversight of System Test activities in conjunction with the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and be expected to chair System Test's Engineering Review Board (ERB), Engineering Working Group (EWG) and serve as a subject matter expert for the test program. As the System Test Chief Engineer, the selected candidate will ensure compliance with MBSE test architecture process within the organization in addition to adherence of program policies and best practices.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our "Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
• Bachelor's Degree in a STEM-related field of study with 12 years of experience, Master's Degree and 10 years of experience.
• 3 years of technical leadership experience and demonstrated knowledge of Missile Systems including System Test aspects of Flight & Ground Test, Lab Design & Operational Test, Test Planning, Data & Integration.
• Active Secret clearance investigated within the last 6 years.
• 1 year of experience leading large technical proposals and the ability to lead the customer through reviews of technical performance
• At least 3 years of formal management experience in the aerospace and defense industry to include performance reviews for direct reports.
• Current active in-scope DOD Top Secret Security Clearance reinvestigated within the past 6 years
• Familiarity MBSE (Model-Based Systems Engineering) with CAMEO
• Missile System background in the field of Command & Launch
• Missile System background in the field of Air Vehicle Integration
• Missile System background in the field of Payload Integration
• Previous leadership experience on ICBM programs
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering