Northrop Grumman GBSD Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist in Roy, Utah
Global Supply Chain
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Subcontracts Administrator. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
The Subcontracts Administrator (SCA) 2 will perform the following functions:
• Sources and procures specialized goods and services.
• Owns contractual management for the supplier. Responsible for source selection from contract proposal to execution phases. Coordinates and collaborates with key stakeholders such as contracts, engineering, quality, supplier development, planning, operations, program and end-users.
• Develops subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and/or services.
• Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders conferences, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes awards, and administers resulting subcontracts.
• In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules. Identifies strategies and opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through strategic and targeted negotiations.
• Manages performance of subcontracts, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations.
• Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier performance as part of follow-up activities. Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation & warehouse organization so that proper receipt is recorded.
• Manages and develops strategic/key suppliers.
• Reviews and approves supplier payment as needed.
• Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
This person have a general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards of global supply chain and a general application of concepts, and principles. This person must have the ability to perform moderately complex professional tasks and develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
Works under only very general supervision but work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Job Category : Global Supply Chain