Northrop Grumman GBSD - Staff Engineer - RF Microwave Design in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Staff Engineer to join the Command and Launch Team as a RF Microwave Design Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT and support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here .
What You'll Get To Do:
The successful candidate will become part of a team engaged in the development, production and deployment of Command & Launch Communications Equipment hardware, software and systems for each weapon system facility. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers and other engineers. Will design, develop, and test radio frequency (RF) and/or microwave systems architecture, components, circuits, or products. Includes antenna design, both reflector and array systems, frequency synthesizers, transmitters and receivers.
The qualified applicant will be able to perform the following essential functions:
• RF hardware testing and, design and analysis using computer aided design (CAD)
• Proficiency in electromagnetic theory, electromagnetic analysis, and performance budgeting/allocation
• Conducting electrical trades
• Tolerance and stability analysis and test data analysis for respective hardware designs
• Coordinate among multiple disciplines to balance requirements
• Finalize the electrical design, support prototype and final hardware build & test
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
• Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline from an ABET-accredited university with 14 years experience; 12 Years with masters; 9 years with PhD
• US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years)
• Understanding of radio frequency (RF) theory as it relates to both communications and radar
• Analyze communications systems for RF applications. (Familiar with RF analyses such as link budgets, digital modulation/coding, gain/loss budgets, noise figure, etc.)
• Ability to use standard co-site analysis tools such as ANSYS EMIT
• Experience in modeling and analyze RF systems and networks using modeling and simulation tools such as MATLAB, STK, Qualnet, and Keysight SystemVue, Finite Element Modeling tools for antennas and electromagnetics such as ANSYS HFSS and Altair FEKO.
• Familiarization with DoD systems and subsystems (e.g. weapons platforms, C2ISR platforms, SATCOM, IFF, RADAR, radios, data links, munitions)
• Familiar with deployment of DoD Systems such as IFF, Radar Systems, Radio Communications, Data Links, Munitions, Electronic Warfare, Aircraft Representation
• Experience with Communication Systems and ICBMs is preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering